• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Training Camp Central - Practice Report

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Newcomers Reign The Day

Lots of new faces out on the practice fields both in uniform and in coaches gear. Great to see USF alums Marquel Blackwell, J.R. Reed and Ron Johnson in their new roles on the coaching staff. Blackwell is the Offensive Program Assistant, Reed is the Defensive Graduate Assistant and Ron Johnson is the Defensive Program Assistant. Most Bulls fans are familiar with Reed and Blackwell, Johnson is a little less known. He was a nose tackle for the Bulls and lettered from 1998-00.

O-Line Update

There has been lots of talk about the offensive line this season. The first team on Thursday afternoon consisted of LT Jamar Bass, LG Sampson Genus, OC Jake Sims, RG Zach Hermann and RT Mark Popek.

On Tuesday at BIG EAST Media Days, Matt Grothe said the, "O-line is coming along well," and that he is,"not worried about them at all. They'll be good."

Read full report at GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Matt Grothe Post Practice

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I hope MG really feels that the O-Line will be good and he's not just being optimistic...

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I personally feel this is the best line in terms of talent we've had in our brief history. Now they just need to get the snaps.

• Content Count:  5,241

The excitement they have for lindsey lamar has me hoping he is the next great RB/speedster at USF

• Content Count:  1,266

The excitement they have for lindsey lamar has me hoping he is the next great RB/speedster at USF

ditto...i took a peek at his 8 min. highlight reel on youtube...very shifty and excellent burst

• Content Count:  720

I'm not worried about the OL to tell you the truth. Think about it. They literally won't face a better DL in a game that they will have to face every practice. We have one of the nastiest DL's in the country as it is so I'm sure those boys can break in the youg talent pretty quick. I also feel that this is the most talented OL USF has ever seen.

Guest hm101

talent is there on Oline - the concern is depth and chemistry. we dont have alot of flexibility in the rotation. 8 or 9 games into the season these guys will be tired and worn out probably. lets hope they can find some breathing room and stick it out.

theyre all working hard and hitting the gym and getting better every day, but so is FSU, RU, Pitt, WVA, and on and on. lets hope our bulls have done it better come game day!

Archived