• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL's stay @ USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

I think he retires here no matter what. CJL seems to love USF, and whether or not he is winning, I don't see our athletic department going out and hiring someone "better", so they will ride Leavitt until he wants to quit.

God help us if we have a string of losing seasons and that's the attitude of the powers that be.

I agree that we should give him the benifit of a season or two (okay three) to turn things around, but to have the attitude, "he retires here no matter what" scares me a little.  Only a little because I don't think the Athletic Department will share your thoughts....

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I think he retires here no matter what. CJL seems to love USF, and whether or not he is winning, I don't see our athletic department going out and hiring someone "better", so they will ride Leavitt until he wants to quit.

God help us if we have a string of losing seasons and that's the attitude of the powers that be.

I agree that we should give him the benifit of a season or two (okay three) to turn things around, but to have the attitude, "he retires here no matter what" scares me a little.  Only a little because I don't think the Athletic Department will share your thoughts....

Isn't that what FSU is doing? Riding it out w/ bobby?

• Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

CJL's response: "When I beat Florida".

14 years later, and that statment is no longer a laughing matter.

I completely agree. However, I remember during the first EVER game, people were chanting "Bring on Florida". I admit, I had to shake my head in disbelief because there's no way we were ready for the Gators back then. Nowadays, look out Gainesville...your city is about to be run down by the Bulls..starting next year! =)

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

In the next 5 years I need to see a BE championship, but I don't think that will be a problem since we should/will win it this year.

Archived