• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which player not named Grothe or Selvie is a bellwether player in 2009?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Q. Washington. Hoping he locks down his side of the field

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry for the typo. . . . . . . I fixed it. :-[ :-[

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i don't know about an individual player, but it all comes down to our OLine, which begets the next "bellwether" issue for our team: running.

if the fresh faces on the OLine can't gel and blow open holes for one of our backs [and i don't even really care which one at this point] our season could be in trouble.

i'm not so much worried about the D... we have one of the best DLines in the country, Nate Allen is solid and Tyller Roberts has graduated.  not to mention we have a new DC that helped the Bearcats win a BEast title and a BCS berth last season.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

i don't know about an individual player, but it all comes down to our OLine, which begets the next "bellwether" issue for our team: running.

if the fresh faces on the OLine can't gel and blow open holes for one of our backs [and i don't even really care which one at this point] our season could be in trouble.

i'm not so much worried about the D... we have one of the best DLines in the country, Nate Allen is solid and Tyller Roberts has graduated.  not to mention we have a new DC that helped the Bearcats win a BEast title and a BCS berth last season.

My thoughts exactly.

Gracias!

• Content Count:  10,219

not a player but a unit

we will - as we have in the last 3yrs - live and die by our O-line

if that unit is solid AND stays healthy we will have an outstanding year 10+ wins

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

better be an rb

great running game makes entire offense go

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think it will be this guy...

I knew this thread was making me chuckle every time I saw it, but just figured out why.

• Content Count:  765

Bass / Warren will be locking down the left side of the line.  Still hope Carlos makes it in and can help out in the second half of the season.  If there are holes the backs will shine, but it is the Tackles that will make that happen.  Bass is reputed to have very strong legs and he could be the earth mover we need.  We lucked out that Warren is back on track and he should also make a major contribution.  We need both these guys playing well to have success.

On the other side of the ball I’m looking for Robinson to dominate.  He has always come in after the race as "show."  This year I think we could see the first place blue ribbon athletic freak Robinson and his performance could also help make him one of the next LB's from USF in the NFL.  If so, this defense will be the terror of the Big East and maybe one or two ACC teams.  I'm guessing CJL is feeling giddy about sending this D against the Big East.

Archived