• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Henry's Donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

I' m sure most of you guys got Leavitt's last tweet about the usage of Anthony Henry's donation... "4 x 52 inch plasmas and an 82 inch in lockerroom, beautiful pictures by our meeting rooms, historical graphics, nutrition center for all!!"

I guess plasma TV's (and pictures?) could entice recruits, but it doesn't seem like the best use of funds.

I leave it to you Bullspenners... was the money put to good use and if not, where should it have gone?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm not sure if that is a complete list:

4 x 52 inch plasmas and an 82 inch in lockerroom, beautiful pictures by our meeting rooms, historical graphics, nutrition center for all!!

about 3 hours ago from web Anthony Henry's money has gone to great use.

I will list some of the things he helped us get in our facitlity on the next TWIT.

about 3 hours ago from web

http://twitter.com/jimleavitt?DB_OEM_ID=7700

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

generous gifts

• Content Count:  971

Thanks Ant! GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,797

willia, we don't have all the facts about the gift and if it has any specific designations or not, etc.  So it would be foolish to jump to any rash judgments about its use.  Frankly, recruiting is the lifeblood of any program.  So if the creature comforts match or exceed our competitors and help with recruiting, what's wrong with that?

We're lucky that our players are loyal to the program.  Can't wait for Ant to land in the USF HOF.

Normal

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I think it was a good use of funds. Improving the locker room and weight room is a huge need. Have you seen the locker rooms of other schools? Oregon has a video of their locker room, and it is ridiculous (and yes, I know Phil Knight is pretty much running the program). Having a great facility where the players hang out in their free time is a huge recruiting tool. I can tell you this, after seeing the video of the walk thru of Landshark Stadium and what scUM has for a locker room, these upgrades to ours will give us 1+ over the Canes. Just an example, not saying we will start out-recruiting them.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I will only say that I'm sure Leavitt and the others are much better judges of the use of the money than any of us on here are.

• Content Count:  622

I think it was a good use of funds. Improving the locker room and weight room is a huge need. Have you seen the locker rooms of other schools? Oregon has a video of their locker room, and it is ridiculous (and yes, I know Phil Knight is pretty much running the program). Having a great facility where the players hang out in their free time is a huge recruiting tool. I can tell you this, after seeing the video of the walk thru of Landshark Stadium and what scUM has for a locker room, these upgrades to ours will give us 1+ over the Canes. Just an example, not saying we will start out-recruiting them.

Oregon.. http://www.oregongridiron.com/facilities.html

• Content Count:  2,523

Recruiting is where you become a national power and this kind of stuff makes a huge impression on young kids. I hope they added some PS3s and Wii systems as well!  Better to have them gaming it up on their free time than out drinking, fighting or smoking weed!

Guest hm101

whether the money was well spent by improving the locker room is a non issue.

thanks anthony henry for making this program that much better.

Archived