• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. Kansas- Game of the year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

USF vs. Kansas was named as one of the best games from last season on College Football Live today.

• Content Count:  1,757

That was one of the most exciting and unbelievable games I've ever been to.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

absolutely.  it ranks a close 3rd behind Auburn and WVU 2007 for me.

the difference was that we were underdogs at Auburn and the game pretty much went back and forth the entire game... WVU we were in control the entire game...

but Kansas, i almost lost faith when we went down 17 in the first half... and i was terrified when Kansas got the ball back in the 4th quarter on their last drive. Reesing was playing lights out, and if Nate hadn't gotten that pick that set up Bonani for the winning kick i am almost positive Kansas would have driven down the field and knocked us out.

• Content Count:  1,757

the difference was that we were underdogs at Auburn and the game pretty much went back and forth the entire game... WVU we were in control the entire game...

but Kansas, i almost lost faith when we went down 17 in the first half... and i was terrified when Kansas got the ball back in the 4th quarter on their last drive. Reesing was playing lights out, and if Nate hadn't gotten that pick that set up Bonani for the winning kick i am almost positive Kansas would have driven down the field and knocked us out.

Unfortunately I couldn't make Auburn.  WVa in 07 was great, but all the *@&*$^ turnovers... man that game started to turnover my stomach.  I figured the Kansas game was going to come down to who gets the ball last.  When KU got the ball, I figured it was all over.  I still can't believe they pulled that one out. 

Louisville `03 and `05 kicked some major ass too!  I still remember a UL fan in `03 at halftime talking **** about how USF might win the game, but at least they weren't going to be stuck in that ****ty conference (CUSA).  Bowling Green 2002 was a good one, would have been better had Bowling Green still been undefeated for that @ss whoopin!       

• Content Count:  5,241

Agreed 100%

Auburn's My #1

• Content Count:  12,293

the kansas game was the most physically draining event i have ever been to that i wasnt play in.

i was literally exuasted from all the emotional rollercoaster.

the kansas game was the most physically draining event i have ever been to that i wasnt play in.

i was literally exuasted from all the emotional rollercoaster.

Auburn was like that for me.

we took a 20 hour ride Greyhound up to Auburn/Opelika, and after spending 6 sleepless hours overnight at the Birmingham station we got to the hotel 3 hours before check-in the day of the game and had to kill time before we could get to our room.

we ended up walking to a strip-mall with an enormous in-door flea market that had TONS of old LP's... then we ate at Cracker Barrel [with nearly crate worth of vinyl in my arms] and literally had maybe 2 hours to nap before we had to head out to campus for the game.

i was so drained from the bus ride and the walk around town that i was in a haze for practically the entire game.

the **** was almost like a dream...  all the tanned Auburn co-eds in their sun-dresses tailgating before the game, then sitting in the Auburn season ticket section [got my tix on eBay... yikes!] and getting practically ran out of the bleachers for being louder than the Auburn fans, then spending the entire 2nd half in the USF section where i sat behind two sloppy drunk MF'ers, one of whom punched me in the balls out of excitement after the Mike Jenkins INT in the 4th that we all thought was a pick-six to seal it... then running up and down those hills on campus with our cabbie, who was a young brother that also happened to be a 'Bama fan and was **** near as happy as we were that USF won/Auburn lost.

very few events in my life--- athletic or otherwise--- can compare to that Auburn game.

it was also the first time i'd ever eaten scuppernong/muscadine grapes.  not sure why that's relevant, but it was pretty f'n interesting to me at the time.

• Content Count:  12,293

wait....you ate at cracker barrel?

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Auburn by far the greatest game of all time... Winning on enemy territory in the HEART OF THE MIGHTY SEC,  no doubt the best experience!  The next day driving home flags flying... Every Alabama fan waving to us..... WOW!

wait....you ate at cracker barrel?

my girlfriend is white.  it was her idea.

she's the cracker in my barrel.

lol.

Archived