• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Parking

Pasco Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

A question for some of you who are more familiar with this than I am:

I am taking a grad-level class at USF this summer that meets at 5:30 on Thursday nights.  I don't own a parking pass, and don't really want to buy one, since it's just for the six-week class.

I know when I was an undergrad 15 years ago, it was okay to park anywhere after 5:00.  Is that still true, or will I get ticketed without a parking permit?

Worst case, I can go to the $4.00 machine and buy a 1-day pass, but I don't really want to do that.

Thanks in advance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

A question for some of you who are more familiar with this than I am:

I am taking a grad-level class at USF this summer that meets at 5:30 on Thursday nights.  I don't own a parking pass, and don't really want to buy one, since it's just for the six-week class.

I know when I was an undergrad 15 years ago, it was okay to park anywhere after 5:00.  Is that still true, or will I get ticketed without a parking permit?

Worst case, I can go to the $4.00 machine and buy a 1-day pass, but I don't really want to do that.

Thanks in advance.

That's apparently not true any longer. My daughter is going to a USF volleyball camp in the Corral from 5 to 7 on Wednesdays. She's been taking them for several years now but this is the first time I saw a USF Meter Person in the parking lot north of the Dome checking passes. DOn't know how late they check but it's definitely after 5. They do have scratch off parking passes that makes it easy to buy the number of days you need ahead of time but it does cost the $4/day.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Anywhere near the Sundome is enforced virtually around the clock... if you park elsewhere in an obscure visitors lot (they are spread around) then you will be safe.

My office on campus is on the far side of USF near Public Health and you never see parking out after 4pm  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

for my 6pm classes I've parked sometimes without a permit or with an old machine day permit in my window and haven't gotten a ticket that way (knock on wood - mostly in the business lot on alumni drive) - mind you the day I paid for meter parking I got there less than a minute after my meter expired to find a parking attendant already had a ticket printed and on my windshield

technically parking's enforced 24 hours a day and if you park without a permit remember that you're chancing a $15 ticket - though I'd say before 9:30 and after 5:00 the odds stack more in your favor

Archived