• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-9 sharpshooter Gokhan Sirin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Is it possible we are going to use our last scholarship on Emarri Bailley? He was just released from Georgia Southern where he originally signed to be with his friend and AAU teammate Fitzpatrick.

Emarri Bailey | SF 

Hometown  Jacksonville, FL 

High School Arlington Country Day School 

Position rank Small Forward # 122

Height 6'6"

Weight 215 lbs.

Last Updated: 5/2/2009 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes On the Trail / Features

Status

Undeclared

Scouts Grade

Considering:

On the Trail Archive

Emarri Bailey released from Georgia Southern (May1)

Small forward Emarri Bailey has been granted a release from the scholarship he signed with Georgia Southern. The Golden Eagles recently hired former Georgia Tech assistant Charlton Young.

Bailey, who played for national power Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville, Fla.), originally chose Georgia Southern over Tulane, Central Florida and South Florida.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=onthetrail&recruitId=42986&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fpage%3donthetrail%26recruitId%3d42986

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Is it possible we are going to use our last scholarship on Emarri Bailley? He was just released from Georgia Southern where he originally signed to be with his friend and AAU teammate Fitzpatrick.

Emarri Bailey | SF 

Hometown  Jacksonville, FL 

High School Arlington Country Day School 

Position rank Small Forward # 122

Height 6'6"

Weight 215 lbs.

Could be. I think Heath takes, is taking a look at the possibility of adding Bailey. Bailey's sister attends USF and Heath did offer him a scholarship last year. I don't know the situation at UCF but if they have an opening I can see Bailey ending up there too.

Personally I would rather Heath sign Gokhan. I believe he fits what we are trying to do a little better then Bailey does. I believe the bigger upsides belongs to Gokhan as well.

Let me edit this by saying I'm all for signing another home state kid. It wouldn't be a bad thing at all and Bailey could become another glue guy for us down the road. However the thought of adding a 6-9 sharpshooter with ball handling skills is just hard to pass up.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Ditto that vega.  But i'd maybe even go further and I'd say sign the kid from Turkey or save the scholly altogether.

May 04, 2009

More recruiting: Bulls looking into 6-9 shooter

Just when you think Stan Heath is done with recruiting for this season, there's another name popping up as a possibility for the Bulls' last available scholarship. It's still early in the process, but USF called last week to request tape on Gokhan Sirin, a 6-foot-9, 208-pound forward from St. Mary's Ryken Prep in Leonardtown, Md.

Sirin, originally from Istanbul, Turkey, would be a small forward on the college level, because his strongest asset is perimeter shooting -- he hit 47 3-pointers this season in averaging 12.3 points per game, according to the Washington Post. St. Mary's Ryken coach Matt Tallman went so far as to compare him to former West Virginia guard Alex Ruoff.

Tallman -- like he doesn't get that joke every day -- said that Sirin has scholarship offers from Georgetown, Charlotte and Loyola (Md.), but is interested in USF and likes the idea of going to college in a warm climate while playing in the Big East. As of Monday, Tallman hadn't heard from USF since they'd requested footage of this past season, but he said they could still be in the mix if they wanted to be.

St. Mary's Ryken actually played in Tampa this past season in the Tampa Hoops Classic, but Tallman said Sirin didn't play well in the tournament. He finished the season strong enough that he's drawing interest from major-conference programs, but nearly three weeks into the spring signing period, most top-level talents have already signed on with other programs.

Posted by Greg Auman at 02:11:21 PM on May 4, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/05/more-recruiting-bulls-looking-into-69-shooter.html

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Gokhan Sirin picks Charlotte!!!

Let me say this and some on here might not like to read what I'm about to put down.

Coach Heath made a BAD MISTAKE by not getting this guy and one that he will regret in my opinion. AS a person who folllows recruiting and knows the success and failures of Heath in this area here and everwhere else he has been, not getting this kid is foolish but yet I'm not surprised at all. Coach Heath has far to often looked for an athlete instead of a basketball player. What I mean is he seems to favor the guy who can run and jump over the guy who is has the fundamentals of shooting, passing, dribbling, etc.

Watch now as we go after another athlete that can't shoot, dribble, or pass. To have a chance at getting a 6-9 SF that can shoot, pass, and dribble don't come along everyday for USF. Stan just flat out blew it.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Meh, I think Heath may have other recruits in the hopper for next year. Personally, I'm glad he saved the scholarship, rather than burning it on a project.

I'm somewhere in the middle... i would have been happy to get this kid... but also think saving the scholarship has potential to bring in even better talent with that slot next year, if we can show signs of life in the big east. 

Does anybody know if Emarri Bailey has decided on a new college?

http://miamitropicslive.com/team/alumniplayers.php?p=175&c=3

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Meh, I think Heath may have other recruits in the hopper for next year. Personally, I'm glad he saved the scholarship, rather than burning it on a project.

kid didn't sound like a project to me

he's 6'9" and weighs 195 lbs and hasn't been playing long... that is text book project.  Worth the risk... imo... but i'm fine with holding the scholly for next year.

Archived