• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-9 sharpshooter Gokhan Sirin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm somewhere in the middle... i would have been happy to get this kid... but also think saving the scholarship has potential to bring in even better talent with that slot next year, if we can show signs of life in the big east. 

This is something I want to address. The reason why I really wanted this player was the fact he is about at the level of recruits we have been able to sign. If we can sign a Noriega, Burwell, and Dumars then we should have took this guy as well who has more potential then the 3 guys previously mentioned. We have a need at SF and he would have been a perfect fit with our team that is built around Dominique Jones.

Velco another important point that is getting overlooked by those in favor of carrying a scholarship over to the 2010 class thinking IF we have a good season we'll get better prospects. Some are forgetting that the early signing period is in November. We probably wouldn't have played a single game meaning we can't show any recruits an improved South Florida team. It is not ideal to keep relying on the spring signing period to make out a class like we've been doing of late. Most of the best players always sign in the fall which leaves the pickings slim in the spring or even worse depending on how deep a class is any given year. We have seen Heath try and sign players doing the early period but has found the task difficult.

If we have a good upcoming season and Heath hires a great recruiter we won't reap the benefits until the 2011 class not this upcoming one. Like I said we should have signed this guy who wanted to come here instead struggling in the coming months to get a SF the coaches feel are better. Two scholarships are all we needed and by chance we found another prospect we could have used the one Leemow will probably be leaving behind after next season.

BTW our main target will probably be Ricardo Ratliffe a 6-8, 235lb power forward out of Central Florida Community College in Ocala. The guy is BIGTIME! We are also very high on Mike Buffalo a 6-3 combo guard who will be attending South Kent this season which is where Mike Burwell played this past one. I'll try and chase down more names as the summer approaches.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Does anybody know if Emarri Bailey has decided on a new college?

http://miamitropicslive.com/team/alumniplayers.php?p=175&c=3

I haven't seen anything about him since he got his release. Bailey might have to reclassify to the 2010 class attend a prep school and improve his stock to get better options. The spriing signing period ends next week.

• Content Count:  219
  • Days Won:  0

Could he be another Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando Magic forward, a 6-10 sharp shooter @ 220 lbs from Turkey?

Hope so, hope that Coach Stan takes a long look at him.

Ty

Hedo is much more than a "sharp shooter."

Hedo's value lies in his playmaking ability and the mismatches he creates offensively.

Without his playmaking ability Hedo is not half the player he currently is.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Vega,

while i understand the early signing period arguement... there are top players waiting til the late signing period... so that doesn't bother me.

Eric Bledsoe is still waiting and we'd kill to get a kid with his talent.

The more coaching movement there is, the more urge kids are going to have to wait.  They don't want to get stuck in a situation where they have to ask for a release of their LOI.

Archived