• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like we might miss the Robert Marve sweepstakes! lol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

all broken up about it, don't really care for the *******.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  667

just remember, the fact that we're this far in the running for the robert marve sweepstakes proves that the coaching staff is recruiting him and want him on the team-- otherwise, he would have been shot down at this point.  so for all you saying that you don't want him here, you are going AGAINST the wishes of the coaching staff and you are going AGAINST the opinions of the coaching staff-- just a little FYI for those who blindly follow the coaching staff and "trust CJL".  well, acting like you are is a little hypocritical.

• Content Count:  219

well, acting like you are is a little hypocritical.

Trusting someone and blindly following someone is an entirely different matter. I don't think any of us blindly follow CJL, we simply believe by and large he's doing good things for the university and will hopefully lead us to where we want to be. Sheesh, these negative people take it so far. Why does Leavitt have to be the worst coach in the country because you dislike him?

In your mind CJL isn't just bad, he's terrible. Grothe isn't just bad he's a joke. Tmac isn't mediocre, he's undraftable. STFU dude, you  must be a real nice person to be around. I'd love to hear some moderate opinions out of you for once on this board.

Trusting someone and blindly following someone is an entirely different matter. I don't think any of us blindly follow CJL, we simply believe by and large he's doing good things for the university and will hopefully lead us to where we want to be. Sheesh, these negative people take it so far. Why does Leavitt have to be the worst coach in the country because you dislike him?

In your mind CJL isn't just bad, he's terrible. Grothe isn't just bad he's a joke. Tmac isn't mediocre, he's undraftable. STFU dude, you  must be a real nice person to be around. I'd love to hear some moderate opinions out of you for once on this board.

huh?  i thought this thread was about robert marve and the polarizing opinions as to if we should get him or not.  moderate opinion?  how about my opinion that the coaching staff is actually doing something RIGHT for a change and is recruiting Robert Marve.  we've made it to one of the final nominees for who he will pick, and that is because our coaching staff is trying to get him here.. he wouldn't include is this far in the game if it weren't for the mutual interest by our coaching staff..

yet people (like you, i'm assuming) are thrilled and tickled by the fact that we might NOT land a prospect that our coaching staff wants... what a twist if fate, eh?  that's all i'm saying-- not wanting marve is going against the wishes of our own coaching staff.. so, for a MODERATE opinion, i'm giving kudos to our coaching staff for going out and getting local talent (albeit a transfer) like robert marve

yet, you go off on some personal tirade.. stick to the point of the thread, please.

• Content Count:  4,016

huh?  i thought this thread was about robert marve and the polarizing opinions as to if we should get him or not.  moderate opinion?  how about my opinion that the coaching staff is actually doing something RIGHT for a change and is recruiting Robert Marve.  we've made it to one of the final nominees for who he will pick, and that is because our coaching staff is trying to get him here.. he wouldn't include is this far in the game if it weren't for the mutual interest by our coaching staff..

yet people (like you, i'm assuming) are thrilled and tickled by the fact that we might NOT land a prospect that our coaching staff wants... what a twist if fate, eh?  that's all i'm saying-- not wanting marve is going against the wishes of our own coaching staff.. so, for a MODERATE opinion, i'm giving kudos to our coaching staff for going out and getting local talent (albeit a transfer) like robert marve

yet, you go off on some personal tirade.. stick to the point of the thread, please.

It's unbelievable the goofy hatred some bulls have for this kid.  Especially when the kid is giving USF much love, and props, and we're in his top 2-3...despite a stupid ESPN report (ESPN is the last place you should look for qualified hs news).  The kid hasn't called any press conferences, nor his dad.  They've kept a low profile and tried not to comment on the situation but reporters clamoring for something to write, and knowing they'll get a few bulls fans all riled up, keep seeking comment and background on this kid.  Usually seeking it from third hand sources, one of which is all to willing to pump himself up.

He's an exceptional athlete with all the tools to be a great QB, and all he's doing is looking for the best possible fit for him to finish his college career.  What in the world is wrong with that?  I read Purdue, or ASU sites and they're excited about this kid, hoping he comes there, and disappointed if he does not.  At these USF sites the discussions are all about hating on him, and posting these vitriolic posts about him and his decision as if he was a felon and his existence harmed yours.

Wow.  If he comes he comes...Leavitt knows his value both locally from a recruiting front, and from a QB possibility front.  Both to me would pay huge dividends.  You want local pop with recruits?  Then if you've got Giddins and Marve (two of the top 5 legends in Tampa over the past 10 years) to parade in front of the top locals for the next few years....that sends an ENORMOUS message.  I can't see how he wouldn't help us from that perspective coming here, and providing back-up at QB in an uncertain period coming up at that position (and yes I saw the spring game, and was impressed by Daniels, but BJ also said he's not giving up hoops and let me remind you all that 7 years ago Ronnie Banks threw up similar numbers at his spring game before his debute and need I remind you how he turned out).  The audition for Grothe's replacement should be open to all talented comers, don't put all our eggs in one basket.  We did it before and got burned for it dearly.

It's unbelievable the goofy hatred some bulls have for this kid.  Especially when the kid is giving USF much love, and props, and we're in his top 2-3...despite a stupid ESPN report (ESPN is the last place you should look for qualified hs news).  The kid hasn't called any press conferences, nor his dad.  They've kept a low profile and tried not to comment on the situation but reporters clamoring for something to write, and knowing they'll get a few bulls fans all riled up, keep seeking comment and background on this kid.  Usually seeking it from third hand sources, one of which is all to willing to pump himself up.

He's an exceptional athlete with all the tools to be a great QB, and all he's doing is looking for the best possible fit for him to finish his college career.  What in the world is wrong with that?  I read Purdue, or ASU sites and they're excited about this kid, hoping he comes there, and disappointed if he does not.  At these USF sites the discussions are all about hating on him, and posting these vitriolic posts about him and his decision as if he was a felon and his existence harmed yours.

Wow.  If he comes he comes...Leavitt knows his value both locally from a recruiting front, and from a QB possibility front.  Both to me would pay huge dividends.  You want local pop with recruits?  Then if you've got Giddins and Marve (two of the top 5 legends in Tampa over the past 10 years) to parade in front of the top locals for the next few years....that sends an ENORMOUS message.  I can't see how he wouldn't help us from that perspective coming here, and providing back-up at QB in an uncertain period coming up at that position (and yes I saw the spring game, and was impressed by Daniels, but BJ also said he's not giving up hoops and let me remind you all that 7 years ago Ronnie Banks threw up similar numbers at his spring game before his debute and need I remind you how he turned out).  The audition for Grothe's replacement should be open to all talented comers, don't put all our eggs in one basket.  We did it before and got burned for it dearly.

a lot of people on this message board take it too personally and make it a personal vendetta to oust this kid from his home-- i guarantee you that this is factoring into his decision to coming to USF... how ironic that the coaching staff is trying to reel this kid in (and we're down to the top 5 or so finalists) and the fans are pushing him away... so for the Marve sweepstakes it's become: USF Coaches vs. USF Fans.  we've seen so many USF players come here because they couldn't win the starting spot at their old school and we've welcomed them with open arms-- yet, the USF fans on here have decided to make this guy the enemy.  unbelievable.  well USF "Fans", your hatred for this one kid that could become a bull very soon is opposing the wishes of the coaching staff-- that is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

• Content Count:  2,523

Can't help you if you can't see the difference in the way those kids treated their opportunity to return vs how this one is playing out.  Those kids as soon as they had the chance to jump back, THEY DID!  They didn't play the dating game so to speak with over a dozen colleges and treating USF like a late night booty call which is exactly what is going on.

If the coaches really want him and have told him such, then it makes his actions towards USF even worse.  We're offering you a FREE RIDE to be close to your father who has CANCER, everything you stated originally was your primary reason for leaving Miami, yet now that you have that offer you're still "dating" half a dozen colleges? 

We're trying to build a program here with RESPECT.  Trying to make it a BIG DEAL to play at USF as that's what it takes to lure top players.  And here this kid is basically treating us like we're back in 1997 and no matter what he does, we'll fall down at his feet and be thankful he graced us with his presence.

You didn't see that with Tmac, Ford, Taylor etc.  When their previous roads were done and they were offered the chance to come home, THEY DID.  They didn't play this game for months on end making the university look desperate.  Not too mention, it's not like he threw for 3500 yards, 25TDs and 5 INTs in his freshman year while being a saint!  We have two kids in Daniels and Landi WHO WANT TO BE BULLS with more on the way who have plenty of talent and most aren't convinced he could beat them out anyway or offer enough of a POTENTIAL upgrade to justify the damage he's doing to the opportunity to come to USF.

USF not taking him would actually do more for making a statement than taking him at this point.  When he first left Miami, if he had come here asking for a chance and we took him on, it would've been seen as USF should've been his first choice in the beginning, kid made a mistake and all is right in the world.

Instead, now it looks like he wants to go anywhere BUT USF and only will come here if all other things fall through.  Looks awful when you couple that with his dad battling cancer.

So forgive the USF fanbase if they aren't rejoicing in being treated like a late night booty call. 

• Content Count:  4,016

No ruger, you can't help us because we don't need any help.  Also you're inaccurate in your information on this subject, and how other kids can handle it.

I could go through the laundry list of transfers that made us wait like Patrick Carter, or John Brown only to change their heart, Cornelius Ingram once.  Do you even remember the Dishon Platt saga? 

You want to talk about Ford, but you don't even lay out all the facts.  Ford came home basically because he had no other choice.  He still tried to get back in Bama not once, but twice, and once they all peatered out he finally came home...At least get the facts straight, I mean hell Ford had a second time to choose USF, and he still stuck with Bama before he didn't get in after Prep....it was only after it appeared that to get into Bama was going to be to difficult until SUDDENLY USF WAS HIS SAVIOR@!  Hell even then there was some touch and go moments until he enrolled.

Come on don't spin this into an epic saga, these kids are touch and go all the time.  Hell half of the kids on that team right now are contemplating transfers, most won't execute but does that make them 'less bulls' and you don't want them?  Don't give me this self-righteous crap, i still know players who graduated from USF, can't stand USF, or Leavitt....and wish they left when they had a chance.  What do you say to them?  A couple were great players.

Marve has done absolutely nothing wrong, they aren't playing anything out.  UM waited and then imposed limitations on them, above their normal standards, just a week before spring semester.  Show me where Robert has been holding press conferences or dragging this out.  He's making visits, since when is he not allowed to make visits.  You personally don't like it, so you're giving a personal opinion about a young man because you don't like the way he makes his decision.  How petty can you be? 

You're logic is your logic....that's fine, but it has a preconceived prejudice against a young man who you have absolutely no idea what he's going through...he's not just going to USF mostly because his dad has told him that he wants him to make this decision based on Robert and not him.  It is a lifelong decision, he needs to choose wisely because his future depends on it. 

I for one am glad Leavitt is not as narrow-minded, and so pained by a young man's decision.  You want him to walk to the football office like he's Oliver Twist on one knee begging, Leavitt does not have the same criteria, and if he comes here it will be certain because he wants to be, and I can tell you Leavitt's wanted him to be here all along.

Thank goodness for Leavitt....

• Content Count:  219

You're logic is your logic....

You are logic is your logic, lmfao  ;D. Often you don't see both uses in the same sentence.

Archived