• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad news on Marcius

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Noriega be a one and done guy. 

I think Noreiga and Dumars are one and done guys. They both seem pretty one-dimensional. Think, lousy Kyle Korver's.

Noriega you're probably right, Dumars you're wrong.  You don't get on the court at Detroit Country Day unless you're a player, you don't start three straight years and named the captain as a senior (on a team starting four seniors) unless you can play.  Dumars averaged 7rpg, that alone should illustrate his versatility, to go along with the fact he's a career 40% three point shooter.  Think about that, a perimeter shooter that averaged 7 rebounds a game, on a team with trees like Deshonte Riley the Syracuse 6-11 signee who only averaged 10rpg as a senior.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Why don't we let Noriega and Dumars and the rest of the recruiting class actually play a few games before we start packing their bags. Remember nobody had ANY idea that DoJo would turn out the way he did until he actually got on the court.

BTW, I can list a couple of BE teams that get solid contributions from pure shooters off the bench. If Dumars / Noriega can shoot they will always have a home at USF.  Heck look at WVU's roster....they rely on 'slow skill players' just as much as they rely on the rugged BigEast style bigs.

IMO, USF has dramatically improved our roster where can realistically compete to be NIT team. We are not there yet....to starting thinking the BigDance, but you have to like how CSH is going about putting together this roster. There is actually purpose with his signing/recruiting.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, but for pure shooters to thrive they need spacing and teammates capable of providing inside opportunities.  Adding Fitzgerald, and Famous with Gilchrist will give more of that for the shooters so there is an increased likelihood they'll contribute more and thrive.  I was complimenting Dumars because I heard he was a real player.  I am not sure on Noreiga but the more  you look at Dumars stats, and consider the quality of team he played on and against his past three years you can't help but walk away impressed.

Archived