• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami-USF rivalry brewing?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Sure sounds like it:

http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=127137965&mid=127137965&sid=903&style=2

I've been on their board a lot this offseason. Mostly talking about the upcoming series and losing out on recruits to us. There's a lot of hatred for USF. Of course, that is how rivalries are started. They had a 4 page thread earlier this year.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  138

There should be, we are taking up a fair amount of what used to be their press.  They are spiteful because they aren't the program they used to be.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

If you ask any one of the Miami fans, they will tell you that it will never be a rivalry, no matter how many times USF and Miami play.

If you ask any one of the Miami fans, they will tell you that it will never be a rivalry, no matter how many times USF and Miami play.

If USF can start getting to BCS bowls and UM stays "down" this could easily turn into a rivalry. UM is struggling to maintain interest in their program. Their attendance has always been bad but now it is getting VERY bad. I don't the old canes fans will ever see this as a rivalry but some of the newer fans may get used to it. Their "national schedule" will be harder to accomplish in the future as more teams are playing regional games and they don't see any "luster" in adding UM to their schedule. I could certainly see Miami as a rival in the future. Tampa has the 2nd largest metro city in FL behind Miami. I think it cold draw high ratings/interest locally and possibly regionally. Still, we don't need to have them on our schedule, we have an automatic BCS bid...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

All schools in huge stadiums but only drawing less than 20,000 fans (Miami game had 35-40K but only because of UCF travel).

So UCF brought 20K to Miami?

Sigh...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Sure sounds like it:

http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=127137965&mid=127137965&sid=903&style=2

I've been on their board a lot this offseason. Mostly talking about the upcoming series and losing out on recruits to us. There's a lot of hatred for USF. Of course, that is how rivalries are started. They had a 4 page thread earlier this year.

usf needs to win before it is a rivalry because all of success miami has had

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

What you guys gotta do is pull off a win against FSU this year.

Forget Miami.  Here's why - it takes 2 to have a "rivalry."  USF, UCF and FIU could all beat them and it won't matter.   Because once it gets to that point - they won't have any fans left.  Maybe I'm just still...marred...from our trip to Miami in October.  But it was in the top 3 worst college football trips I have ever been to.  The other 2 being UCF @ UAB and UCF @ Tulane.  All schools in huge stadiums but only drawing less than 20,000 fans (Miami game had 35-40K but only because of UCF travel).

Miami is simply an anomaly in college football.  They have a national fanbase, but unlike UNC or Notre Dame or any other "America's Teams" - they don't have it at home unless you count high school thug wannabees or homeless people.

If you beat FSU - especially now while they are tired of being unable to run smack against Florida - I think you could draw them into mutual disdain/mutual respect.

another in long line of stupid ftu/oc/ou posts

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,723
  • Days Won:  424

Forget Miami.   Here's why - it takes 2 to have a "rivalry."  USF, UCF and FIU could all beat them and it won't matter.   Because once it gets to that point - they won't have any fans left.  Maybe I'm just still...marred...from our trip to Miami in October.  But it was in the top 3 worst college football trips I have ever been to.  The other 2 being UCF @ UAB and UCF @ Tulane.  All schools in huge stadiums but only drawing less than 20,000 fans (Miami game had 35-40K but only because of UCF travel).

Miami is simply an anomaly in college football.  They have a national fanbase, but unlike UNC or Notre Dame or any other "America's Teams" - they don't have it at home unless you count high school thug wannabees or homeless people.

If you beat FSU - especially now while they are tired of being unable to run smack against Florida - I think you could draw them into mutual disdain/mutual respect.

You can't forget UM and concentrate on FSU as a POTENTIAL rival because of a key component of a rivalry, playing on a regular basis, and right now, that is a non-factor pertaining to FSU ...... and, to be honest, talk of a rivalry with ANYBODY ooc needs to not even be broached until we beat one of them.

• Content Count:  4,879

talk of a rivalry with ANYBODY ooc needs to not even be broached until we beat one of them.

+1

Forget Miami.   Here's why - it takes 2 to have a "rivalry."  USF, UCF and FIU could all beat them and it won't matter.   Because once it gets to that point - they won't have any fans left.  Maybe I'm just still...marred...from our trip to Miami in October.  But it was in the top 3 worst college football trips I have ever been to.  The other 2 being UCF @ UAB and UCF @ Tulane.  All schools in huge stadiums but only drawing less than 20,000 fans (Miami game had 35-40K but only because of UCF travel).

You can't forget UM and concentrate on FSU as a POTENTIAL rival because of a key component of a rivalry, playing on a regular basis, and right now, that is a non-factor pertaining to FSU ...... and, to be honest, talk of a rivalry with ANYBODY ooc needs to not even be broached until we beat one of them.

I see where you're coming from but I think even their fans know that they probably would've lost to us if we had play them any of the past 3 years. We should win on senior night this year....

I'm just surprised at the hatred toward USF when we've never even beaten them. Usually the hate only comes with losing to that team (see USF fans to UCF). I don't hate UCF, I've never felt the pain of losing to them...

Archived