• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POLL: Helmets

Which do you like better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

I know that I've read somewhere before that teams introduce alternate uniforms because recruits/current players like that sort of thing. So, why is it so far-fetched to think that they enjoy looking sharp in their unis/helmets.

The gaytors don't use a different shade of orange for their helmets. IMO, they have some of the best looking unis in college football. It most likely does have an effect in the eyes of recruits, even if it's subconscious. They look professional.

BJ Daniels' high school team matches better than we do.

No comments?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,719
  • Days Won:  424

I know that I've read somewhere before that teams introduce alternate uniforms because recruits/current players like that sort of thing. So, why is it so far-fetched to think that they enjoy looking sharp in their unis/helmets.

The gaytors don't use a different shade of orange for their helmets. IMO, they have some of the best looking unis in college football. It most likely does have an effect in the eyes of recruits, even if it's subconscious. They look professional.

No comments?

I think using the gaytors as an example is just divine for this thread ...

• Content Count:  1,037

No comments?

I think using the gaytors as an example is just divine for this thread ...

Agreed. Their color blue, ugh... The cursive "gators" on the helmet look outdated. I've actually talked to recruits who said their uni's and helmets look too old... To each his own, I guess. My friends from FSU say they think UF's uniforms were designed by nickelodeon, but they may be biased. lol.

That said, Tallahassee Lincoln's uni's and helmets do match better than ours.

I guess my point about the gaytors unis whether they look outdated or not, was that they look well put together. You know, like some thought actually went into it.

Agreed. Their color blue, ugh... The cursive "gators" on the helmet look outdated. I've actually talked to recruits who said their uni's and helmets look too old... To each his own, I guess. My friends from FSU say they think UF's uniforms were designed by nickelodeon, but they may be biased. lol.

They would also probably say ours were designed by someone who is color blind.

• Content Count:  17

I am all about the white helmets! Can't wait to see them again!

• Content Count:  412

If they incorporate more gold into the jersey, I like the white helmets. Our colors are still green and gold, after all.

• Content Count:  1,037

They would also probably say ours were designed by someone who is color blind.

Yes, but I still like our current helmets. They don't look bad, I just think they might look better. I hope whatever we settle on, we stick with it for a long time...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I am all about the white helmets! Can't wait to see them again!

You will see the White Helmets in the FSU game. And Gold Helmets in the UM game. 

Archived