• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"...as many as 18 incoming players will be able to contribute......."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3688512

I know the article has been up on GoUSFBullls for a little while, so if this has already been brought up I must have missed it.

Per the article:

"The USF staff believes that as many as 18 incoming players will be able to contribute this fall."

Quotes from Leavitt in the article:

"Normally we only had two or three guys [come and contribute their first semester]."

"There will be an influx of players this summer like this program has never seen."

These are some HUGE statements.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,797

:D  Coming from Leavitt, in the spring, those quotes were intended for the current guys on the field 'to increase their intensity.'  We should have more news guys playing than usual since we signed six jucos and two prep school guys...one that is practicing on the team now (Hill).  I doubt 18 will play come the season.  Still, I would guess maybe 9-10 will.

Normal

• Content Count:  431

LOL, no doubt there are some mind games going on. Though, I can't recall him making statements that bold in the past. As you say, it will probably be less than what they are quoting, but even at half that it would still be a large number of new contributors. The interviewer even asked him something along the lines of whether that is necessarily a good thing.

Another quote from CJL, if you listen to the interview clip they provide, mirrors the realistic sentiment that some on the board have of excitement over the incoming players and their talent while still keeping in mind that, unless things come together well with the high number of young and new players, they could struggle this season.

• Content Count:  1,037

I've heard that they are going with a new "put up or shut up" attitude. Still, I don't see more than 11 players who could contribute immediately. The 6 JUCO's will play for sure. We should definitely see a lot of new players this fall...

• Content Count:  2,478

Is this a case of the best player may actually see the field?!?!?!?

As opposed to seniority

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

First, it's "18 could contribute".  That's a long way from "18 will contribute".  Second, as has been pointed out, six are transfers of some sort, from FSU or JuCo.  They should crack the two deep immediately, or we shouldn't have offered them.  With only two years to contribute, they need to hit the ground running.

The other thing I've noticed is that the coaches keep talking about the speed of the incoming class.  I suspect the feeling is that we we didn't have as many playmakers last year as we've had in the past.  Some of the true freshmen with great speed will have a chance to contribute on special teams and at the skill positions.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3688512

I know the article has been up on GoUSFBullls for a little while, so if this has already been brought up I must have missed it.

Per the article:

"The USF staff believes that as many as 18 incoming players will be able to contribute this fall."

Quotes from Leavitt in the article:

"Normally we only had two or three guys [come and contribute their first semester]."

"There will be an influx of players this summer like this program has never seen."

These are some HUGE statements.

if this is true

one could see big improvement

• Content Count:  1,894

and kayvon won't have a tough road beating out some unproven corners in front of him. He could very easily be out there.

• Content Count:  2,478

and kayvon won't have a tough road beating out some unproven corners in front of him. He could very easily be out there.

They can't be any worse than Mr. Roberts.

• Content Count:  171

I thought Webster was a saftey

Archived