• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Netherlands just beat the Dominican Republic in the WBC (Is Related to USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

The Netherlands National team just beat the Favored Dominican Republic team! This is the same Netherlands Team that USF tied (6-6) with the same pitcher, Syndney Ponson! That is really cool and something for our boys to be proud of!

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/baseball/wbbc/recap?gameId=290307117&league=wbbc

• Content Count:  12,293

proud of a tie?  who are we UCF? 

• Content Count:  2,478

proud of a tie?  who are we UCF? 

To tie a team's national baseball team is pretty **** good last I saw.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

To bad the Netherlands national team wasnt really trying.  It was only a practice game.

• Content Count:  3,307

Don't get carried away. It's pretty easy for the better team to lose a baseball game. And if you read the recap of the game, it was about a scabby as win as you can get. They only got three hits and none of them made it out of the infield.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

The DR had a rough first inning defensively, and their pitchers wiggled out of a few different rallies

• Content Count:  2,307

I was HIGHLY upset about this.  I mean, realllllllllllllly upset.  I plan on heading to Miami for the 2nd round if DR make's it, but with it being double elimination and losing to.........the Netherlands, it looks bad right now.

I have hope, but man...if they don't make it I will be absolutely embarassed!  And I'll curse the fact Vlad, A-Rod, Pujols, Soriano and others are not playing.

• Content Count:  12,293

I have hope, but man...if they don't make it I will be absolutely embarassed!  And I'll curse the fact Vlad, A-Rod, Pujols, Soriano and others are not playing.

Welcome to what the USA team feels like.  It's like pulling teeth trying to get the superstars to play for the team.  I mean look at the roster for the USA team.  guys like Joel Hanrahan are on this team.  Now I follow baseball pretty close and I have never heard of this guy.  We would be able to make a better team of the guys who AREN'T playing then the ones that are.

• Content Count:  1,387

WOW! The Netherlands do it again! Dominican Republic eliminated by a team with only 2 MLB players on it.  :o :o

• Content Count:  3,307

And almost as cheap as the first win! This time they got the W on a double, a sacrifice, a single, a wild pickoff throw, and an infield error.

Still, that is beyond embarrassing for the DR. I can't decide who should get more heat - the guys who did play, or the guys who decided not to play. Certainly this doesn't happen with the best of the best from that country.

Archived