• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't believe it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

KL's database of USF used to defend USF from ECU Pirates.

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=908&fid=71&style=2&tid=120903396&Page=1

Knight_Light

Post #41707

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: Why the Big East should expand.... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by apex_pirate:

Not sure if you were responding to my post but I wasn't asking why UCF vs. ECU. I was asking what ECU had to prove that UCF did not.

To be honest, the market thing has lost it's luster to the Big East in my opinion. They tried it with Temple and failed. They tried it with USF and failed.

This post was edited on 2/17 11:31 AM by apex_pirate

Say what?

USF "failed"?

How so?

USF gave the Big East a badly needed team in FLA since FLA is the #1 out-of-state recruiting target for all the other Big East teams.

Plus, USF gave the Big East a presence (while not dominating) in a Top 15 TV market...plus, a pretty good football team (minus last year).

USF has finished in the top half in Big East Football Attendance in their 4 yr Big East career...and last year finished #2 in the conf by averaging 50,000 in announced attendance.

USF does a very good job at selling season tix packages well in advance with special packages for families and young alumni that do real well.

Only a blind bat would say that USF "failed" in regards to Big East Membership.

PS. Hey...why not bring up how great ECU as in the early 90's again...and why every BCS Conference has not bothered to give them a call to join their conference?

This post was edited on 2/17 12:41 PM by Knight_Light

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

KL's database of USF used to defend USF from ECU Pirates.

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=908&fid=71&style=2&tid=120903396&Page=1

Knight_Light

Post #41707

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: Why the Big East should expand.... Reply

Originally posted by apex_pirate:

Not sure if you were responding to my post but I wasn't asking why UCF vs. ECU. I was asking what ECU had to prove that UCF did not.

To be honest, the market thing has lost it's luster to the Big East in my opinion. They tried it with Temple and failed. They tried it with USF and failed.

This post was edited on 2/17 11:31 AM by apex_pirate

Say what?

USF "failed"?

How so?

USF gave the Big East a badly needed team in FLA since FLA is the #1 out-of-state recruiting target for all the other Big East teams.

Plus, USF gave the Big East a presence (while not dominating) in a Top 15 TV market...plus, a pretty good football team (minus last year).

USF has finished in the top half in Big East Football Attendance in their 4 yr Big East career...and last year finished #2 in the conf by averaging 50,000 in announced attendance.

USF does a very good job at selling season tix packages well in advance with special packages for families and young alumni that do real well.

Only a blind bat would say that USF "failed" in regards to Big East Membership.

PS. Hey...why not bring up how great ECU as in the early 90's again...and why every BCS Conference has not bothered to give them a call to join their conference?

This post was edited on 2/17 12:41 PM by Knight_Light

:o

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Trip, you should let this one sit for a bit before you move it.

I'm too stunned to move it .... and I'm not sure I can classify it as drivel ....... yet.   ;)

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I NEVER thought I would see the day when KL would defend USF. Wow.  :clap

• Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Who kidnapped KL and his database of every article, facts, history, ect (true or not true) on usf? 

Who kidnapped KL and his database of every article, facts, history, ect (true or not true) on usf? 

Aliens.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wowzers!

Archived