• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taurus Johnson Career Highlights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks. Great videos.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

TJ is one of my all time favorite Bulls.  that one handed catch at Auburn is as good as it gets.

i know in '05 and even '06 we ran more plays and gadgets with him, but as Grothe became the centerpoint of the offense it seemed like there were fewer and fewer plays drawn up specifically for Taurus.

IMO, he became a victim of the over-rotated WR corps.  our receivers were not and are not interchangeable, and TJ was one of those guys that should have been on the field every play possible.

• Content Count:  117

Thanks. Great videos.

Thanks. These highlights were put together for TJ, his agent willl be passing out the dvds to all 32 NFL teams while in Indianapolis. With less than 120 career receptions TJ had an incredibly high ratio of game changing plays. He also brings a mean streak that is not often seen by WRs on the field, after this years Syracuse game he was most pumped about that nasty a$$ crack-back and not his 2 TDs.  The combination of playmaking ability, toughness and blocking ability will land him a roster spot somewhere, though it may take him a year or two on a practice squad.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I'd take him as a Jet....nevermind that we don't know who our QB will be...Huey Whitaker's on their practice squad now and Marquel Blackwell went to their training camp...our boys just look good in Green  8)

• Content Count:  10,201

IMO, he became a victim of the over-rotated WR corps.  our receivers were not and are not interchangeable, and TJ was one of those guys that should have been on the field every play possible.

Agree 100%

hopefully the new OC understands that, gotta keep the best players/starters out on the field not rotate players all the time to give them some playing time. 

Agree 100%

hopefully the new OC understands that, gotta keep the best players/starters out on the field not rotate players all the time to give them some playing time. 

i'm not exactly positive who calls the WR personnel packages, but being that Franks is the RB coach and decides on which RBs we use and when, i would suspect the WR coach makes similar personnel decisions.

Canales was our WR coach last year and participated in his share of overrotation...  not sure if he will continue that trend as OC, but hopefully whoever replaces Canales at WR coach recognizes the individual skill sets of our players and runs plays designed to make the most of those skill sets.

why we never go to 6'5 Carlton Mitchell on a jump ball fade in the end-zone a la Greg Carr at FSU is beyond me. 

watching them clips again, it's safe to say TJ was one of the most athletically gifted athletes the USF football program has had to date.

why he didn't become a go-to guy on a game by game basis is beyond me.

• Content Count:  117

watching them clips again, it's safe to say TJ was one of the most athletically gifted athletes the USF football program has had to date.

why he didn't become a go-to guy on a game by game basis is beyond me.

I think its safe to say that Gregorys moronic philosophy of not believing in go-to players had much to do with it. As for Canales and his control of the WRs, he simply shuffled guys in, dependent on pre-determined WR sets controlled by Gregory. Canales couldn't sub TJ in for Patrick Richardson or Edner Alcin if that package called for those guys. BTW, TJ had 1 catch the last two regular season games of his USF career.

Archived