• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which recruit are you most excited about?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

If you were picking one on each side of the ball which two would you choose?

On Defense: Leslie Stirrups- I think he should get a lot of minutes, he was a 'devastating force' in JUCO. And he fills an area we need help in.

On Offense: Lindsay Lamar- USC jr fans had a 10 page thread somewhere talking about how bad they wanted him. He may be the fastest player on our team. Plus, Leavitt talked a lot about him in the press conference similar to how he talked about Bogan 2 years ago.

• Content Count:  1,797

Defense - Ryne Giddins.  How can anyone not be excited about a Parade All-American that stood up the gators and USC Trojans?

Offense - Carlos Savala.  We need the Big Man to be for real if we want our offense to really go in 2009.

Disclaimer....I am excited about all the newest Bulls and can't wait to see how they develop and fit into our team.

Normal

• Content Count:  1,037

I'm excited about Giddins as well, but it will be tough for him to get playing time with experienced players like Selvie, Marshall, and Bedford already ahead of schedule. I think he will play, though. He's too good to leave on the bench.

• Content Count:  574

I think Giddens is the no brainer so I am going to pick  guys that are sort of off the radar.

Offense: Lindsey Lamar and Derrick Hopkins.  Lamar is the more polished player of the 2 speedsters, but Hopkins is the fastest kid in America in the 100 meters.  I am anxiously awaiting to see what we can do with that kind of speed.

Defense: Dede Lattimore (if he makes grades) and Kayvon Webster.  Lattimore is a freak. big, strong, fast, and hits like a ton of bricks.  I just love his tape.  Webster is a great all around athlete and track star.  He was teammates with Griffin and Hopkins at Pace.  Not really sure if he ends up at S, CB, or possibly WR.  I am just anxious to see that type of world class athlete in a Bulls uniform.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm excited about all of them, so it's really hard to choose.

For immediate impact:

On offense, Daron Rose, assuming he make it in, if he doesn't Carlos Savala.

On defense, Leslie Stirrups.

• Content Count:  12

Hey guys, pretty new here, but I get on every day thought I might as well start posting...

On offense, I would also say Carlos Savala.  Just on his measurables alone I cant want to see how he performes against Big East competition.  I would also say Daron Rose, but I am not too sure what his situation is.  I know he is taking something like 15 credit hours this semester, but if he does that, would he count for this years class, and still play this upcoming season??

On defense, Giddens is the obvious answer, so I wont choose him.  I also like the Pierre Paul signing, but there is a logjam at the other end spot, so who knows how much time he will get there.  So in that case I am going to say I think that Jacquan Williams.  I think he is already a leader to land one of the vacant LB spots, and the guy looks like he has all the tools to succeed.  Also eager to see how Barrington plays in the next couple of years

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey guys, pretty new here, but I get on every day thought I might as well start posting...

On offense, I would also say Carlos Savala.  Just on his measurables alone I cant want to see how he performes against Big East competition.  I would also say Daron Rose, but I am not too sure what his situation is.  I know he is taking something like 15 credit hours this semester, but if he does that, would he count for this years class, and still play this upcoming season??

On defense, Giddens is the obvious answer, so I wont choose him.  I also like the Pierre Paul signing, but there is a logjam at the other end spot, so who knows how much time he will get there.  So in that case I am going to say I think that Jacquan Williams.  I think he is already a leader to land one of the vacant LB spots, and the guy looks like he has all the tools to succeed.  Also eager to see how Barrington plays in the next couple of years

IF Daron Rose get his AA degree , he will be eligible to play for USF in 2009, but he must sit out the first three games, which was a penalty assessed against him while at FSU. He will supposedly count towards this year's class, according to Greg Auman.

Jaquian Williams would have been my next choice on defense. He might very well have the biggest impact of anyone.

• Content Count:  573

This question is too hard for me so i'll abstain.

But as a group you have to LOVE the D-Line.  Like Leavitt said they may be staggering and will definately look good in pads.

They should win the battle of the trenches against every big east team.

• Content Count:  118

My choice is Sam Barrington!  He rushed for over 1200+ yards in a tough HS schedule.  He says that he wants to get a look over on the Offensive side of the ball next year.  Everyone knows how good of a LB prosepect he is but I am very excited to see him on both sides of the ball.  I also think this is a huge reason he picked us over Miami.

I think this is how CJL is grabing these players.  Just like Isaac Virgin who was recruited by some really good programs to play TE, but he wants a chance to play QB.  CJL comes out looking like a hero to these kids.  He lets them try "their"  position and if it doesnt work he "redshirts" them and moves them where they can see some actually playing time.  It is a win, win for our program.  And GENIUS by CJL!

• Content Count:  10,219

the CB (all of them)...toast no more!

Special teams...special once more!

fix those two things we win 3 more games

Archived