• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barrington video announcement

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

Excited about the future !

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

I was really impressed with his level of professionalism on the camera.  It kind of reminded me of Jenkins and Selvie....  who knows?  future 1st round draft pick? 

Also,  this reminds me the Fellowship of the Ring (book not movie).  He reminds me of Bilbo Baggins playing his "trick" on all of his family and friends at the great party.  hahahahaha    Kid has to have known it would hit some people like a punch in the nuts.  This is indicative of  a great sense of humor.  :)  What if he knew all along he was gonna be a bull but he went and lead everyone on for a while so he could implement his "surprise."  I don't know, too much fantasizing.... need sleep.......

• Content Count:  763

I kept thinking to myself, "if this kid commits to Miami he reminds me awfully a lot like Jonathan Vilma and even kind of looks like him."

Here is hoping we get that kind of play in the coming years.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Decisions aren't over for Parker's Barrington

Story updated at 7:12 AM on Thursday, Feb. 5, 2009

Sam Barrington finally got a good night's sleep Tuesday, which might have been the first time he's slept peacefully in the past several weeks.

The Parker linebacker had agonized over his decision where to attend college next year, mulling offers from South Florida, Illinois and Miami before eventually selecting the Bulls, who are in the Big East Conference.

Barrington made his decision at a private party Tuesday and then talked about it Wednesday morning after signing his paperwork and faxing it to USF officials.

"I slept real well last night," the 6-foot-3, 225-pound linebacker/running back said. "That was my goal, to make my decision and not have any regrets. The other two schools [illinois and Miami] were good choices, but I chose South Florida because I had my family and my friends in mind. Proximity, the academics, the chance to play as a freshman - they were all factors in my final decision."

Now Barrington must next decide which side of the ball is best suited for him. Before his senior season at Parker, there was no doubt that he would be a linebacker. But in his only year at running back, Barrington rushed for 1,200 yards and 17 touchdowns, including a 205-yard, three-touchdown game against First Coast in his final game.

"I like the idea of maybe playing running back," he said. "This past year was the first time I was used there since middle school. I definitely want to try both positions in college before deciding where I'd play.

"By this time next year, I'll be around 230. I don't have a preference at this point, but I can tell you, I loved playing running back. I just hope people don't forget how much I can do at linebacker just because I played so much at running back this past year."

Barrington also left little doubt about his ambition to play in the NFL. Asked if he would be thinking about going to the next level four years from now, he replied, "Maybe three years from now. But whenever I do, I will definitely get my degree."

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2009-02-05/story/decisions_arent_over_for_parkers_barrington

• Content Count:  1,260

Also,  this reminds me the Fellowship of the Ring (book not movie).  He reminds me of Bilbo Baggins playing his "trick" on all of his family and friends at the great party.  hahahahaha    Kid has to have known it would hit some people like a punch in the nuts.  This is indicative of  a great sense of humor.  :)   

Wow....What do you really say about a LOTR reference on a football thread???

<awkward silence>

Dungeons and Dragons anyone?  :D

• Content Count:  211

not everyone who has read LoTR is a D&D nerd too.  Not everyone on here is 30+ years as well.  I'm only 23 and I remember reading those books in middle school.  I thought between the movies and the widespread readership, a LoTR reference wouldn't be too far fetched.  guess I was wrong!  ::)

• Content Count:  573

the movies have popularized the books but lotr is still considered nerd material.  I read the post but I'm still not sure why lotr was brought up in regards with sam.  I'm think sam didn't know until the last day(s) and his family rightfully thought he might be a cane, or wanted to sway him to the canes. 

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Atleast he has his head on straight about school saying he wants to get a degree no matter what.

• Content Count:  1,260

Serious-Hobbits.jpg

"USF...the best team NOT from Middle-Earth"  ;D

Archived