• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barrington video announcement

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Nice.

Yesterday, I e-mailed Chad Cushnir who wrote this story because he had written another article where he mentioned that he was going to be there for the announcement and feature him on TV and that his show would be talking about UF, FSU and Miami and would have interviews with their coaches. I reminded him that there are FOUR BCS Florida football programs and that USF has been recruiting very well in his area and he might look foolish if Barrington picks the Bulls over Miami. So, now he's eating crow. LOL

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Nice.

Yesterday, I e-mailed Chad Cushnir who wrote this story because he had written another article where he mentioned that he was going to be there for the announcement and feature him on TV and that his show would be talking about UF, FSU and Miami and would have interviews with their coaches. I reminded him that there are FOUR BCS Florida football programs and that USF has been recruiting very well in his area and he might look foolish if Barrington picks the Bulls over Miami. So, now he's eating crow. LOL

oops =)

Nice.

oops =)

He was probably as STUNNED as everybody else in that room. In a way, getting a verbal from Ryne Giddins wasn't as stunning, because he is a local kid and it was known that his mom wanted him to stay home and it was therefore more understandable.

From the Miami Herald:

Linebacker Barrington chooses USF over UM, Illinois

By COREY DAVIS

Special To The Herald

Jacksonville Parker linebacker Sam Barrington stunned friends and family Tuesday night at a downtown nightclub when he announced he would be attending the University of South Florida.

With several friends and family members dressed in University of Miami attire, Barrington, who earlier said he had narrowed his college choices to UM, Illinois and South Florida, chose the Bulls in front of about 100 invited guests at Eclipse nightclub.

''It was just the right fit for me and my family,'' said Barrington, a three-star recruit according to Rivals.com ``I felt the most comfortable there and I just wanted to pick the school where I had no regrets with my decision.''

Barrington brought two hats to the club -- Illinois and South Florida -- and placed them on a table. Before he made his choice, many believed Illinois was the team to beat. They were wrong.

''It was really tough turning down [illinois] Coach [Ron] Zook,'' Barrington said. ``He's taught me about life and [he's] just a guy you want to play for. But I just had to make the best decision for me and not look back.''

Barrington took an official visit to Miami on Jan. 23. But he said it didn't compare to his trip to the University South Florida.

''I loved the trip over there to South Florida,'' Barrington said. ``It really just confirmed tonight that I made the right choice and look forward to my future.''

After leading his team his junior season with 104 tackles (he also had two sacks and three fumble recoveries), Barrington played on offense and defense as a senior.

He ran for 1,188 yards and 17 touchdowns on 108 carries and tallied 109 tackles, three sacks and an interception on defense. He was rewarded by being named to the Class 5A All-State first team.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-schools/story/886800.html

• Content Count:  3,403

Wow, several friends and family had UM gear on...

"He ran for 1,188 yards and 17 touchdowns on 108 carries and tallied 109 tackles, three sacks and an interception on defense. He was rewarded by being named to the Class 5A All-State first team."

Those stats are insane for playing both sides.  Isn't 5-A the 2nd largest classification?  How is he not 4 stars?

• Content Count:  1,894

someone remind me why this kid is only 4 stars?...size..speed..this is huge. Wally Burnham must be going nuts.

Wow, several friends and family had UM gear on...

"He ran for 1,188 yards and 17 touchdowns on 108 carries and tallied 109 tackles, three sacks and an interception on defense. He was rewarded by being named to the Class 5A All-State first team."

Those stats are insane for playing both sides.  Isn't 5-A the 2nd largest classification?  How is he not 4 stars?

He's listed just below four stars on both sites. They don't bump players up (at least not for USF) for making All-State FIRST Team in the 2nd largest classification. They really should. We have other players who are two stars who made first team all-state. Many of our players are short changed, but I've come to expect that.

• Content Count:  1,251

shouldnt we have gotten this caliber of a class after the '07 season.....i mean im not complaining haha but it would make sense that it would come last year not this year.....whatever im flippin stoked about USF football right now....

• Content Count:  573

It didn't happen after the 07 season cuz recruiting starts in earnest in the spring, before the season starts.  Spring is when colleges start building relationships with kids. 

Archived