• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Junior college recruits a key part of USF class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Don't care what their status is as long as they help win games during that current season.  If you bring in a guy and he only plays one year but gets 15 sacks do you care?  Or if he comes in and rushes for 1200 yards or picks off 7 passes?  You go one season at a time and you do whatever it takes to field the best team for that season.  One day we'll be in position to get the guys with this talent right out of hs who can ALSO qualify immediately.  These guys who come in from juco aren't talent problems, just usually academic.  Until we grow a bit more, the price will be having to get less service time out of them.  As long as we improve on the field, I could care less how much time they have or where they come from.  CJL is doing a great job and I'll take 4 star Jucos all day long if they can come right in and contribute.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not to mention guys like Leslie Stirrups and Claude Davis for next year will count as these JuCo transfers, even though we were all over them from Day 1 of their Senior year in HS.  Numbers can lie if you look hard enough.

• Content Count:  573

Speaking of juco's.  Has anyone noticed we sent an offer to a 2010 Fort Scott OT?  Jermarcus Hardrick, 6-7 315...Thats beef.

• Content Count:  3,403

Speaking of juco's.  Has anyone noticed we sent an offer to a 2010 Fort Scott OT?  Jermarcus Hardrick, 6-7 315...Thats beef.

Well let's hope he doesn't go to Nebraska, then...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Well let's hope he doesn't go to Nebraska, then...

We have a shot, because he once decommitted from Auburn. LOL

http://southeastcl.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Pr_Key=61239

• Content Count:  4,879

Don't care what their status is as long as they help win games during that current season.  If you bring in a guy and he only plays one year but gets 15 sacks do you care?  Or if he comes in and rushes for 1200 yards or picks off 7 passes?  You go one season at a time and you do whatever it takes to field the best team for that season.  One day we'll be in position to get the guys with this talent right out of hs who can ALSO qualify immediately.  These guys who come in from juco aren't talent problems, just usually academic.  Until we grow a bit more, the price will be having to get less service time out of them.  As long as we improve on the field, I could care less how much time they have or where they come from.  CJL is doing a great job and I'll take 4 star Jucos all day long if they can come right in and contribute.

+1

• Content Count:  13

I dont thin we can get anyone else from Fort Scott. The coach is an ******* and tried to keep JPP and J. Williams away. If he can get in this ids mind early he could sway him away.

• Content Count:  573

The staff already offered the guy.  Obviously they don't like the coach based on the CJLs press conference but I see no reason why they shouldn't go hard after him.  If he's good enough then give it a chance.

• Content Count:  339

The JUCOs we brought in this year were at specific positions where we need immediate help/depth and they're all highly regarded.  The OL/DL need was obvious.  We needed immediate help at LB and got a great one in J. Williams.  We lost on Hosley and replaced him with K. Williams where we needed better depth. 

It's not like we brought in average players from JUCO to fill a class.  They were targeted as players that should give us a solid 2-deep at almost every position heading into the 09 season.  I would have been disappointed with large number of JUCOs except we really did "need" them.

5-star JPP

4-star J. Williams (will give our other LBs a chance to develop before starting)

4-star stirrups *prior commit to USF

4-star Thorton (post-grad) **Will have 4 seasons eligibility *prior FSU commit

3-star Savala (maybe the best of the bunch from what they say about him)

3-star Bass (needed immediate OL help and true freshman almost never help at OL)

3-star K. Williams (to replace hosley and give our freshmen DBs a chance to take a RS and develop in the program)

We've recruited HS well the last couple years, too.  So we're not going to be bare when these guys graduate in 2 years. 

That's some immediate help and I expect our team to improve both by having better depth this season and letting the younger guys come in, get in better shape, adjust to college life, and learn the offense/defense.

Archived