• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any chance we lose Hosley to the gators?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Now you're both acting like a couple women.  I'll chalk that up to high expectations for signing day.  ;D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'd be more worried about VPI, VT, VaTech than I am  about FL, Uf, FLORIDA, or the Gators, and that's not very worried.  ;D

Since becoming an Atlantic Coast Conference member in '04, Tech has de-emphasized recruiting in Florida in order to increase its presence in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Coach Frank Beamer said the Hokies would only recruit Florida in special situations.

Hosley, who took an official visit this weekend to Tech, certainly qualifies as one of those situations. He's considered one of the nation's top 20 cornerbacks. In his senior season, he had four interceptions, and five kickoff or punt returns for touchdowns.

Hosley didn't get an offer from Tech until mid-December. Despite growing up 13 hours from Blacksburg, Hosley has a few loose Hokie connections.

He's from the same high school as former Tech wide receiver David Clowney, who plays for the New York Jets. Hosley's brother also is friends with former Tech cornerback Brandon Flowers, who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs.

How legit are Tech's chances with Hosley? Well, we'll try to check with him after this weekend's visit, but the Hokies are going to have to make one heck of a favorable impression.

Hosley apparently is all but signed, sealed and delivered to South Florida. He has told several recruiting analysts he plans to sign a letter of intent this week to South Florida. Getting a commitment from Hosley would represent an excellent final week piece of recruiting from Tech assistant coach Torrian Gray, but the Hokies are the darkhorse.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_recruitcolumn_0201feb01,0,5831783.column

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gotta love hearing that...  he is a key need.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A far as the Gators are concerned, I didn't see Hosley's name come up as one of their targets in the latest article, but you can't really discount them for ANY player down to the last minute.

UF recruiting position breakdown

By Robbie Andreu

Staff writer

Published: Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.

Last Modified: Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:31 a.m.

In their last two games, both for championships, the Florida Gators came up big in the fourth quarter to pull out victories in Atlanta and Miami.

The UF coaches are hoping a similar scenario unfolds as the Gators enter the fourth quarter in recruiting...

Cornerback

Needs: With both young starters (Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins) and the backups returning, this isn’t a huge need. But with Haden a possible candidate to leave early for the NFL, the Gators would like to sign two.

Commitments: Marsalis Teague, 5-10, 170, Paris (Tenn.) Henry County.

Still on the board: Dre Kirkpatrick, 6-2, 180, Gadsden (Ala.) Gadsden City.

The skinny: Teague committed to the Gators back in the fall, but he is now wavering with Tennessee and Alabama making a late play. The consensus is Kirkpatrick will sign with Alabama. There’s a chance the Gators could get shut out here.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090131/ARTICLES/902010980/-1/ENTERTAINMENT01?Title=UF_recruiting_position_breakdown

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Gators had legitimate interest within the last couple weeks.  Hosley was not interested.  Not clear if a scholarship was actually extended.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I'm hoping for an official commit from Hosley today!  I have no info on that, just hoping that after the VaTech visit, he is ready to commit to CJL!

Archived