• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any chance we lose Hosley to the gators?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

The Latest: Is Hosley interested in the Gators? — 1/21/2009

Florida is apparently looking for one more cornerback to fill out its 2009 recruiting class and Jayron Hosley said Gators' assistant coach Billy Gonzales stopped by his high school Wednesday to gauge his interest.

^^^ i just saw this, didnt see anything about it on the board here, for those who follow this stuff what are the chances we lose him to the gators? i had all but penciled him in but this worrys me

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

He's visiting VaTech this weekend.  Worry about them.  Unless he puts off signing on NSD he will be here, or in the event of a real headscratcher at VaTech.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Atlantic cornerback Jayron Hosley, who ranks No. 4 in the Top 25, is the top uncommitted prospect in the county.

Hosley was planning on taking visits to Ohio State and Michigan, but those plans have changed. Hosley just returned from a visit to South Florida and, unless Virginia Tech can sway Hosley on his trip there the final weekend before signing day, look for Hosley to ink his letter-of-intent with South Florida, which would be a huge commitment for coach Jim Leavitt.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm/sfl-flsppbrecruit25pnjan25,0,6142342.story

• Content Count:  3,403

How many FL players decommitted sofar?

As far as I can remember, we've only lost those WRs from early on:  James Green, Difton, Woods.

FL, players, not ours.. UF players..I heard they only had 16 players cuz alot of decommits up there.

then say UF.  I think they are doing ok.

• Content Count:  1,894

lol. A correction once again. I seem to be the one to correct. Well the title of the thread is Any chance we lose Hosley to the "Gators", and I say how many players decommited from FL?, and you respond with usf's decommits. I figured  FL, would be recognized as FLORIDA, which the thread is about and be fine.

Well I didn't understand your question because I don't know many kids that are going to decommit from UF, and I didn't know what that would have to do with them wanting Hosley.  Hosley could play anywhere.  On the other hand, we've lost a few commits from guys in the state of FL.  FL is the state abbreviation, so why would I assume it's UF when that's the same number of letters if you didn't want to type it out?  Just strange.

It seems to be between us and Va Tech, though.

• Content Count:  1,894

Well, I understand UF, didnt want to type FLORIDA,

The statement I made was in general about UF, I heard since they have so many young players and what not that players were decommitting. I was asking if someone knew. My mistake for shortening the word FLORIDA into FL, and not using UF.

I understand where your going with your point but  I came back with a proper explanation to you and you still replied with "say UF then."

Archived