• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many available?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We need to save one scholarship for Daron Rose.

Are you sure?  I thought the 25 yearly scholarships were for HS and JUCO kids and transfers fall under the 85 scholarship team limit.

If we do have to save one for him then that means that all further commits would need to be offset by either grade casualties or grayshirts.

You may very well be correct. Even though he is graduating from HCC he may not be consdered a JUCO and just count to our overall scholarship limit. Good point.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just as long as we save room for hosley, hes the best one left and we need corners

I agree. It appears that he's our only "lock" to verbal based on what he has said in recent days.

Leavitt, evidently, is bringing in for an official visit another quality DB who is currently a verbal to southern Miss,  just in case.

http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=2&c=833032

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

So we get a max of 25 per year with a total of 85?  And what is a greyshirt?

A greyshirt enrolls in January 2010 (spring semester) and counts towards the fiollowing recruiting class.

We may have told Hopkins, for example, that we would offer him a scholarship with the understanding that if we end up being over our yearly scholarship limit he would enroll in January and he agreed to do that. I don't know if that is the case with Hokins, but that is how it would work. We did that with OL Chibane from NJ this year and he agreed to it, but then the new syracuse coach offered him a scholarship for him to enroll in Sept 2009, so he decided to decommit and go with them rather than sit out the first semester.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

A greyshirt enrolls in January 2010 (spring semester) and counts towards the fiollowing recruiting class.

We may have told Hopkins, for example, that we would offer him a scholarship with the understanding that if we end up being over our yearly scholarship limit he would enroll in January and he agreed to do that. I don't know if that is the case with Hokins, but that is how it would work. We did that with OL Chibane from NJ this year and he agreed to it, but then the new syracuse coach offered him a scholarship for him to enroll in Sept 2009, so he decided to decommit and go with them rather than sit out the first semester.

Thanks for the education.

I thought I read somewhere that Kendall Kelly is not going to make the grades so we dropped him as a recruit/commit. That should free up one spot

Yep.

Also, Scout just dropped LB Tyrone Williams from our commit list, apparently for the same reason.

The USF academic committee overseeing recruiting must be hard at work and notifying CJL who they will and won't accept an LOI from at this point. Last year, they waited until almost the last day to let an OL verbal know that we wouldn't accept him and I suppose they don't want to do that again.

According to a blog entry by Greg Auman yesterday, Daron Rose will count towards THIS year's class.  So, right now we have 24 verbals (counting Rose) for this class and 1 (Anthony Hill) reverting back to last year.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Im sure we will have some people transferring out as well.  Most kids don't inquire about transferring until after signing day. 

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

Im sure we will have some people transferring out as well.  Most kids don't inquire about transferring until after signing day. 

Thats true but I thought we're on NCAA watch cuz of a low APR.  I can think of a few guys that should transfer but not if it means probation. 

• Content Count:  5,241

I believe that USF academic committee is there to help prevent the NCAA from getting involved

• Content Count:  573

I believe that USF academic committee is there to help prevent the NCAA from getting involved

USF ac has no control over whether a player transfers and lowers our apr while doing so.

Archived