• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Grothe came to my work today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

You should have chased him around the parking lot and tried to sack him.  Grothe does his best work outside the pocket, and besides it's fun to play office linebacker.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Somebody please post a Terry Tate clip.

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

You should have chased him around the parking lot and tried to sack him.  Grothe does his best work outside the pocket, and besides it's fun to play office linebacker.

Yeah, you're right. I mean aside from losing my job, and getting arrested..but who cares about that. Jail provides free food and shelter so I wouldn't have to work!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I work at a Publix in Palm Harbor, Florida and Matt Grothe and his girlfriend walked in. I know his girlfriend went to high school at Palm Harbor University High which is right down the street from me, so I presume they were visiting his family. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't wanna sound like an idiot. It was him though, I did follow him out under the guise of getting carts and he was driving an F-150, dark colored, his license plate said *****.

It was just so weird having a divison 1 college football quarterback who was briefly in heisman consideration when the Bulls were ranked #2 a few years back walk into a grocery store I work at and shopping. But it wasn't entirely a shock because his girlfriend is from around here, and I know some people that know her. It was cool though so I thought i'd just make a post about it, hopefully this isn't seen as spam. I apologize if it is.

USF football has gone down in popularity though. I was saying to my fellow co-workers "ITS MATT GROTHE" and they were all like "What?? Whos that?". I guarantee they knew who he was in October of 07, but oh well thats life.

like it was the best conversation ever

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I work at a Publix in Palm Harbor, Florida and Matt Grothe and his girlfriend walked in. I know his girlfriend went to high school at Palm Harbor University High which is right down the street from me, so I presume they were visiting his family. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't wanna sound like an idiot. It was him though, I did follow him out under the guise of getting carts and he was driving an F-150, dark colored, his license plate said *****.

It was just so weird having a divison 1 college football quarterback who was briefly in heisman consideration when the Bulls were ranked #2 a few years back walk into a grocery store I work at and shopping. But it wasn't entirely a shock because his girlfriend is from around here, and I know some people that know her. It was cool though so I thought i'd just make a post about it, hopefully this isn't seen as spam. I apologize if it is.

USF football has gone down in popularity though. I was saying to my fellow co-workers "ITS MATT GROTHE" and they were all like "What?? Whos that?". I guarantee they knew who he was in October of 07, but oh well thats life.

you need to win to get recognition in this world

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you should have asked him to go fishin( which by the way would be pretty cool)

or hunting

• Content Count:  1,894

As i opened this thread I was searching like, I have to hear what smazza says on this thread and hopefully it isnt too bad. lol. I'm in the athletic building (not for sports anymore) but they let me use the study facility and I still appreciate seeing the players.

• Content Count:  557

The players are realy down to earth and appreciate a "go bulls" or "nice to meet you". I manage Tia's on Fowler Ave. and we have quite a few players that come in on Friday nights. All of them are cool people. I have yet to find a ***** in the bunch.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Did you sack'em...........paper or plastic?  :)

• Content Count:  622

Fan appreciation day really is awesome. Not only are the players all really cool but every coach

will hang out and bs with ya. Especially Simmonds and Douglas.

Archived