• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Donald Brown to return for senior year

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770666

"Yeah, we can explore the options, see what they have to say, but I'm coming back," Brown said. "My goal is to go to the Orange Bowl. That's what I want to do, and next year will be my last shot."

• Content Count:  19,229

not good for bulls

Yeah, he sure whipped us good.  Oh wait... he didn't even get 100 yards.  (nor did he last year either).

He's a good player... but it is better for the league that he does stay so that UConn can stay strong.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Guess again.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200901030202&prov=ap

TORONTO (AP)—Connecticut’s Donald Brown showed he has nothing left to prove at the college level.

Brown ran for a career-best 261 yards in his final college game, helping the fumble-prone Huskies overcome a mistake-filled first half and defeat Buffalo 38-20 in the International Bowl on Saturday.

After becoming the 14th player in major college history to run for 2,000 yards in a season, the junior running back broke the bad news to UConn fans.

“OK, tell them, bud,†coach Randy Edsall said, slapping Brown on the back at the postgame interview table.

“I’m not coming back,†Brown said. “I’m going to pursue the NFL.â€

He then apologized for saying three weeks ago that he planned to return to Connecticut for his senior season.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I recall similar chop licking after we saw Ray Rice leave.  Even though we couldn't stop him very well, it's hard to blow someone out using a strong running game.  (Unless the team your facing is severely out-manned, like UConn vs Buffalo)

Let's just hope our DB situation improves, or we get Selvie back and some help on the line to get at the QB faster.  I'm sure that extra second QB's held onto the ball waiting for WRs to get away from Jenkins and Williams helped Selvie a bit as well 2 seasons ago.

• Content Count:  3,307

Probably shades of Kevin Smith in his decision making. Why take 350 more carries and hits in college when you can save the wear and tear and get paid on top of that?

• Content Count:  9,038

Brown didn't run over us in 2007, but Dixon sure did.

Then again, with Dixon's DUI arrest, I don't think we'll be facing him again.

Archived