• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL Poll

If USF loses the St Pete Bowl, would or should Leavitt remain as Head Coach??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think he's questioning the statement "Too many fans are satisfied with a 2 - 5 conference record".

I haven't found one yet, and I guess he hasn't either.

When I said satisfied I meant they will accept a bowl game just because we won 7 freaking games...and those games with the exception of 2 were barely wins, against **** poor teams.

The level of play this years team demonstrated on the field should embarass every student and Alumni member.   Why go to a bowl this team did not deserve the recognition.

So you would turn down the bowl along with the additional practice, game experience, television, publicity on the other side of the bay, revenue and whatever just because you're steamed that we didn't win more games? 

That dear friend is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  We would all prefer to be somehwere else playing in a bowl that counts but we are decades away from ever thinking we're in a position to turn down bowl invites if they don't suit us just right.

Just to play Devil's advocate, this team had a whole summer and a whole season of practice and games, and you have seen what we can do.  Are people expecting the Bulls to magically pull a 180 degree turn because we get two extra weeks of practice heading into the offseason? Cmon now...  ::)

The most important ingredient in playing this bowl game rather than turning it down, is not the playing time, it's the revenue generated for the program. Anybody advocating turning that down, at this point in our development, is just plain clueless ...... and to be perfectly honest, since we didnt get to a BCS bowl game this year, this is really the one bowl that makes the most sense for USF and its' fans considering the current economic times.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

The most important ingredient in playing this bowl game rather than turning it down, is not the playing time, it's the revenue generated for the program. Anybody advocating turning that down, at this point in our development, is just plain clueless ...... and to be perfectly honest, since we didnt get to a BCS bowl game this year, this is really the one bowl that makes the most sense for USF and its' fans considering the current economic times.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Since this got away from the topic of the thread, I don't think CJL should go. IF he did, this would be the best time to do it.

A lot of starters leaving would mean a new system may be easier to implement.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Since this got away from the topic of the thread, I don't think CJL should go. IF he did, this would be the best time to do it.

A lot of starters leaving would mean a new system may be easier to implement.

if leavitt comes baCK USF will stink for at least 2 more years

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I think he's questioning the statement "Too many fans are satisfied with a 2 - 5 conference record".

I haven't found one yet, and I guess he hasn't either.

When I said satisfied I meant they will accept a bowl game just because we won 7 freaking games...and those games with the exception of 2 were barely wins, against **** poor teams.

The level of play this years team demonstrated on the field should embarass every student and Alumni member.  Why go to a bowl this team did not deserve the recognition.

So you would turn down the bowl along with the additional practice, game experience, television, publicity on the other side of the bay, revenue and whatever just because you're steamed that we didn't win more games? 

That dear friend is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  We would all prefer to be somehwere else playing in a bowl that counts but we are decades away from ever thinking we're in a position to turn down bowl invites if they don't suit us just right.

Just to play Devil's advocate, this team had a whole summer and a whole season of practice and games, and you have seen what we can do.  Are people expecting the Bulls to magically pull a 180 degree turn because we get two extra weeks of practice heading into the offseason? Cmon now...  ::)

I agree with your post, and I think it's stupid to even talk about turning down the bowl.

Just to be clear, my post was only questioning his practice time argument, not trying to say the bowl is bad for us in any way..

Archived