• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Accepts Invite to 2008 Magic Jack St Petersburg Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

Just got an email with the title: "USF Accepts Invite to 2008 Magic Jack St Petersburg Bowl"

tayfmpfjsswahvm20081205im6.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

beat me by 1 minute

Guest BasketBull.

What's the payout?

We will probably make money on this. The players take their own cars and everybody sleeps at home. USF will save a ton of money and it's all going toward USF Athletics.

• Content Count:  637

^ The payout is just as  high as the MCC if I'm not mistaken. Which is $1-million.

For being the "worst" bowl it pays pretty well (i.e. much more than the Int'l Bowl).

What's the payout?

We will probably make money on this. The players take their own cars and everybody sleeps at home. USF will save a ton of money and it's all going toward USF Athletics.

Payouts are pooled and then redistributed by the Big East... based on the conference standings.  So it really doesn't matter what the payout is.

The players won't drive over - they will take a bus... Yes that is instead of a plane, but [from what was written about the Sun Bowl last year] the Big East pays for travel, so USF won't really "save" money.  And I would bet they stay in a hotel on Friday night before the game.

Where USF will save money is by not having to buy a bunch of tickets because USF fans don't travel.

• Content Count:  277

The players will be put up in a hotel near the Trop and bussed over to their normal practice facility at USF for practices. 

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East Hotel is the Vinoy, and I believe the team will be staying there Wed, Thur and Fri Nights, not sure why though.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Where USF will save money is by not having to buy a bunch of tickets because USF fans don't travel.

have they given us a reason to travel this year?

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, I'm happy. We're going to our fourth bowl in four years, and we might actually win this one. It ain't sexy, but it's a bowl!

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Big East Hotel is the Vinoy, and I believe the team will be staying there Wed, Thur and Fri Nights, not sure why though.

Part of any bowl experience is team outing to places like Busch Gardens.  It allows the Big East and CUSA to set up lots of opportunities for reporters.  It also allows the local area to show themselves off to potential out of town visitors.

In other words, it's all about generating $$$.

Archived