• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Thoughts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I gotta agree with that. Even on the completions, a lot of the passes seemed to be somewhat behind the WR. This was a tough season to swallow, thats for sure. And what the hell happened to our redzone offense!?!?! Since FIU we havent been able to do squat inside the 20.

Its a tough season to swallow, but it sure beats being 4-8.  Is sucks and all, but geez, we're still bowl eligible.  It could be alot worse.  We need to get better no doubt, but we totally outplayed WVU tonight.  You can't say that in the Pitt, UC, Rutgers, or UL games.  We blew this one big time.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

1) I think Grothe is great and probably the best ever at USF, but something needs to change. He has had literally 0 improvement from his fresh year to now; totally unacceptable.

I blame this on coaching.  Grothe now is exactly the same as Grothe-then.  Which means he hasnt been developed properly.  If you look back at our history, we have never had a QB develop over the years and get BETTER.

• Content Count:  3,574

I gotta agree with that. Even on the completions, a lot of the passes seemed to be somewhat behind the WR. This was a tough season to swallow, thats for sure. And what the hell happened to our redzone offense!?!?! Since FIU we havent been able to do squat inside the 20.

Its a tough season to swallow, but it sure beats being 4-8.  Is sucks and all, but geez, we're still bowl eligible.  It could be alot worse.  We need to get better no doubt, but we totally outplayed WVU tonight.  You can't say that in the Pitt, UC, Rutgers, or UL games.  We blew this one big time.

+100

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I have tried to be as supportive as possible, but this season was very tough. Here are my complaints...

1) I think Grothe is great and probably the best ever at USF, but something needs to change. He has had literally 0 improvement from his fresh year to now; totally unacceptable.

2) I thought our secondary would be weak this year, but wow... Nate Allen leaving early for the NFL?!?! He wont even be drafted. Carlton was nice, but just not a huge playmaker. Murphy is good, but Roberts is far from it.

3) Something really really needs to change RB wise. We will not be as successful as we should be until we get 1-2 instead of 4-5 RBs. Its a shame bc I think the talent is there, but the plan is not.

4) Gregory is struggling at OC. I really dont think he will be gone next year, but he really needs to figure his job out. 70 points in 5 games? There is no reason we shouldnt be scoring 70 in two games.

5) WR- I am not a huge judge of talent, but I generally know what I am talking about. I hear everybody talk about how deep we are at WR, but I see a lot of mediocrity. Who is our real playmaker? Who on our team can take it 80 yards for a TD?

6) Overall Playmaker- Since Andre and Ean left, this has been our biggest weakness. No real playmaker...

And that ladys and gents was my rant for the 2008 season... thoughts?

correct across the the board

your assessment at wr is astute.our receivers still dont come back to grothe when he runs

if we recrutied well, 15-18 true freshman could do better than what we have coming back next year

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Its a tough season to swallow, but it sure beats being 4-8.  Is sucks and all, but geez, we're still bowl eligible.  It could be alot worse.  We need to get better no doubt, but we totally outplayed WVU tonight.  You can't say that in the Pitt, UC, Rutgers, or UL games.  We blew this one big time.

in  2 years in usf still cant compete for a title i see no point  in keeping program alive and it wont be

it will fall into hole of medocrity for years to come if leavitt isnt replaced now

2-6  is unacceptible

I have tried to be as supportive as possible, but this season was very tough. Here are my complaints...

Not true.  He throws it away a lot more than he did the first two years.  He's learned a pass into the bench is better than a sack.

2) I thought our secondary would be weak this year, but wow... Nate Allen leaving early for the NFL?!?! He wont even be drafted. Carlton was nice, but just not a huge playmaker. Murphy is good, but Roberts is far from it.

Yes, but the bigger question is why didn't Burnham change the scheme a little to correct for this?  Would a Tampa Two style have been able to cover the holes?

3) Something really really needs to change RB wise. We will not be as successful as we should be until we get 1-2 instead of 4-5 RBs. Its a shame bc I think the talent is there, but the plan is not.

Well, Ford has proven he has some problems... maybe he would learn to block, catch, and hold onto the ball more if he saw more action... not sure what the problem is with Taylor.  I think Jamar could be the go to back.  With Ben Williams graduating, there will be some changes.

4) Gregory is struggling at OC. I really dont think he will be gone next year, but he really needs to figure his job out. 70 points in 5 games? There is no reason we shouldnt be scoring 70 in two games.

To some extent you're right.  When the defense can guess what the offense is going to do, it makes it hard to execute. 

5) WR- I am not a huge judge of talent, but I generally know what I am talking about. I hear everybody talk about how deep we are at WR, but I see a lot of mediocrity. Who is our real playmaker? Who on our team can take it 80 yards for a TD?

Mitchell, Love, Hester, and Bogan could all do this.

6) Overall Playmaker- Since Andre and Ean left, this has been our biggest weakness. No real playmaker...

Teams don't need an overall playmaker.  Ean wasn't really a playmaker, just a good returner.  If not for the problems above, you wouldn't have noticed this one.

• Content Count:  971

It did seem like Matt had difficulty gripping the ball at times.  I think that was one reason for some of his bad throws. 

Archived