• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Love for the NBE from ESPN

Guest wildrover

Guest wildrover

I was watching a little of the Syracuse WV game the other night and Kirk and Lee both were talking about what a down conference it is and how its not fair they get to stay in the BCS.  They say its not fair to CUSA, the MAC and the Mountain West who are just as compeitive (apparently they haven't  looked at the make up of the new CUSA).  I guess they think conference affiliation has something to do with how good you are, if thats true how do you explain teams like Baylor and Vanderbilt reamaining in the BCS.  Still it really seems as if the NBE is on the clock.  USF's decline couldn't have happened at a worst time, I'm not exactly sure how much the NBE needs to pacify the critics in the Press but if they get loud enough long enough the NBE and the BCS affiliation might be in trouble.

Any thoughts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

fsu will get screwed  if they don't get an bid

fsu should jump acc and come to big east

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

brings up an interesting point... doesnt ND have more incentive than ever to join the NBE now?  Before if they were good they would go no matter what, now since they are not the dominant team they once were, they could join the NBE and get to the BCS much easier.  They dont have to go 10-1 to get a bid anymore they could win the NBE with a worse record and still make the big games....

just a thought

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

brings up an interesting point... doesnt ND have more incentive than ever to join the NBE now?  Before if they were good they would go no matter what, now since they are not the dominant team they once were, they could join the NBE and get to the BCS much easier.  They dont have to go 10-1 to get a bid anymore they could win the NBE with a worse record and still make the big games....

just a thought

As long as the ducats keep rolling in from NBC, why should they join a conference?

Kizarvexis

It's all about the ducats.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309

ESPN is in arbitration with the Big East.  What they are doing is devaluing the conference.  It will be interesting how they treat the basketball teams.  See Link:  Scroll down to Oct 25th for a discussion and articles

http://syracuse.com/weblogs/orangejuice/

Guest wildrover

Very interesting,  how ironic that the criticism seems uniform all over ESPN.  The fact that the ACC basically raped the Big East apparently doesn't matter and that the Big East should be, atleast given a chance, to rebuild doesn't seem an issue either.  They would rather give the BCS tie in to CUSA?  give me a break.  The SEC looks solid from top to bottom but look at the Pac 10 aside big 10 or 12, they all have a coule of teams that are powers but have their bottom feeders that would fall to any compeitive mid major as well.  The BCS has nothing to do with strength of team so much as it does about money.  We all know that, ESPN needs to get off their hate fest for the NBE in my opinion and let them get up and try to rebuild before they start kicking them again.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

fsu will get screwed  if they don't get an bid

fsu should jump acc and come to big east

auburn may get screwed out of a NC

would be nice to see the bcs squirm with 4 undefeated teams then the howls for a playoff would get louder

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

FSU has lost 2 games... they dont belong in BCS bowl.. If they win out will prob get gator or peach.. dont deserve more than that ... frankly neither does UM... I hope VA wins out and takes bcs bid n others are outside looking in.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

auburn may get screwed out of a NC

would be nice to see the bcs squirm with 4 undefeated teams then the howls for a playoff would get louder

Auburn isn't the #1 or #2 team in the country at this point... so i wouldn't call them missing the national championship game getting screwed.  USC and OU are #1 and 2 respectively and I agree, up to this point.  If one of them does lose, Auburn is in (if they don't lose in the meantime)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

I hope UM beats BOTH VT and Virginia, that way the ACC champion would have TWO losses.