• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Red Zone offense is awful

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I meant redzone playcalling.  Although a couple accurate throws and it doesn't matter.

I knew what you meant.

The only red zone call I question was trying to run Taylor outside on first down there on the last drive. We were running well the first drive when before the fumble. The INT in the end zone was a good play call, but very poorly executed, obviously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The playcalling is bad.  The execution is worse.  3 trips inside the 20 with no points.  Sounds like the whole freaking season.

Sanjay, normally I'm with you on this, but today wasn't about play calling.  Maybe in those other games, but today was execution.  First drive, a beautiful play call with the in and out route to Edwards and Grothe totally overshoots the target.  We actually score on a good call the next play, a Grothe keeper.  Two good play calls.  The drive before half, that was a 1st and goal if memory serves and Grothe makes a terrible decision to throw into coverage and it gets picked.  We get 3 points there and its a different game because we ended up inside the 15 in the 4th.  And lastly on that drive in the 4th, Grothe misses a wideout with 3 yards of a gap on 2nd down from the 15.  This would have been the game winner.  MG played a great game, but he made 2 really bad decisions, and made maybe 5 bad throws.  This was one of them.  Guy was wide open, as was AJ Love earlier in the quarter deep when he missed him.  As was someone else in the 3rd deep, when MG missed him.  

Those that think Gregory called a bad game tonight aren't watching the same game as me.  Our red zone offense is attrocious, but tonight wasn't about the plays it was about execution.  Thats not even mentioning Fords fumble on the 5 on the very first drive.  Oops I guess I mentioned it.    

Archived