• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good News and Bad News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

The good news:  Due to the hockey strike/lockout/whatever, the pay sports package my cable network has up here is instead offering NCAA football and basketball this fall.  So for the first time in over a year, I get to see the Bulls on TV!

The bad news:  I watched the game.

Sheesh, how the heck did we get to this level of 'suck' so quickly after being worldbeaters?  Didn't UAB enter 1-A only a year or two before us?  Why are they on the fast track while we're heading straight into oncoming traffic?

At this point, I doubt this team could even make the 1-AA playoffs, let alone a 1-A bowl game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

World beaters? World beaters?? What team have you been watching?  Is it the same team that lost to Kentucky & Baylor? Is it the same team that had to go into overtime to win against ECU ?

Time to make sure you're not watching audio from one feed and video from another.

USF had 'reasonable' success since we started playing IA ball. Anything prior to 2001 is pretty much practice under the lights. Do not be decieved...tying for third in CUSA does not make you a 'world beater'.

Bowl? Un uh. Not gonna happen.  We are exactly what we are.  When the talent graduates - this is what you have to deal with.  

The problem with USF is that it's looked 'too easy' year before last (recall that we did not set the world on fire last year!!!!!!).  

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164

World beaters? World beaters?? What team have you been watching?  Is it the same team that lost to Kentucky & Baylor? Is it the same team that had to go into overtime to win against ECU ?

Sheesh, you always take things so literally?  What I meant was that during our rapid ascension to the ranks of 1-A, we've been on a fasttrack, and the perception was that we'd be challenging for at least the upper middle level of 1-A fairly quickly.  The past year and a half have proven otherwise, as we weren't that great last year and we just plain suck this year

So yeah, I realize that we haven't regularly knocked off top 10 teams...it was just a little hyperbole.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

We're no longer an "expansion" team for whom the only direction is up. We're now an established I-A program that has had some success and some expectations. But, down years are inevitable. As has been observed elsewhere, we've just never had one before.

We'll just have to deal with a down year, just like Ohio State, Maryland, Washington, Kansas State, and dozens of other programs are.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

garysj- i don't buy it

i team in tampa surrounded by

some of the most talent high school football talent in the USA shouldn't be as bad as we are

we should be better by accident on talent alone

leavitt is on a one year probation  in 2005

if we had this type of year last year we would never have gotten a big east invitation

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

GOOD NEWS

#50 E.T. got to play towards the end of the game.

Bad News

It was because the game was basicly over  :P

Go BULLS !!!