• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else think USF-Cincy will be tough to stomach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

Thursday night game, in Cincy, short week....

Has all the makings of a 150-200 total yards of offense, 6 turnover game.

I'm pulling for us, but hard to be optimistic.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think I am more pessimistic than Smazza right now.  We truly could lose this one.  And the next 3. 

I will not be comfortable with any game for the rest of the season.  Lets hope our team feels this way too.

Cold weather tonight, scary.

The only good thing is we usually respond to losses with wins (except last year).  Lets hope thats the case...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

wow-- so glad you brought this up since we don't have any other thread that points this out

• Content Count:  2,213

I disagree.  IMO, we are due to play our first "great game".

A great game requires a dangerous opponent:  throw out Syracuse and our non-conference opponents save Kansas and NC State);

A great game requires no game-changing lucky breaks given to USF that are not of our own doing:  throw out NC State [hardly "dangerous" in the first place] we started fast and maintained in a tropical deluge that precluded almost any comebacks.  When the rain stop they gashed us for huge pass plays . . . . if we don't rise up and beat somebody decent down, this rain soaked turd of a game in which NCSU's 3rd string QB put up career numbers will be our shining gem IMO;

A great game requires consistency throughout the game:  throw out KU.  The USF team that played the first quarter is a losing outfit and the USF team that played the 3rd quarter could hang with anyone in the country.

I seriously believe this team has underachieved and is due to improve defensively.  Plus I think they are a little shaken up.  I think we can win this thing big. . . . and i'm a negative nelly who joined this forum to get the previous B-Ball coach canned ;)

The 2008 Bulls have showed me some good games (NCSU & KU), some bad games (FIU) and even some so so games (Pitt defense and OL was on fire that night folks and we were just so so).

• Content Count:  2,661

Anyone else think USF-Cincy will be tough to stomach?

You're thinking of Skyline Chili.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

I disagree.  IMO, we are due to play our first "great game".

A great game requires a dangerous opponent:  throw out Syracuse and our non-conference opponents save Kansas and NC State);

A great game requires no game-changing lucky breaks given to USF that are not of our own doing:  throw out NC State [hardly "dangerous" in the first place] we started fast and maintained in a tropical deluge that precluded almost any comebacks.  When the rain stop they gashed us for huge pass plays . . . . if we don't rise up and beat somebody decent down, this rain soaked turd of a game in which NCSU's 3rd string QB put up career numbers will be our shining gem IMO;

A great game requires consistency throughout the game:  throw out KU.  The USF team that played the first quarter is a losing outfit and the USF team that played the 3rd quarter could hang with anyone in the country.

I seriously believe this team has underachieved and is due to improve defensively.  Plus I think they are a little shaken up.  I think we can win this thing big. . . . and i'm a negative nelly who joined this forum to get the previous B-Ball coach canned ;)

:throwup2

• Content Count:  223

wow-- so glad you brought this up since we don't have any other thread that points this out

Thanks for the thumbs up.

• Content Count:  760

Yea its gonna be bad.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is our Oktoberfest theme watch party with plenty of german beer and jager to drown our sorrows.

• Content Count:  2,213

Seriously guys.  I think we are going to play pretty good.  this game presents challenges that have already kicked our ass once this year (bright lights of thursday night, etc.) so i think we will be a little focused and pissed.  Plus i think the players are going to be fired up to at least represent in this little two road game gauntlet by saving a split.  Finally, I think we give Cincy some matchup problems and catch them at a good time.

• Content Count:  637

I don't know, they lack the running game we aren't able to stop and their QB situation is nothing to be too afraid of. They'll have to beat us in the air, and I'm not sure if they'll do that. For all the knocks on our defense this year, we're playing well. So, as long as we aren't turnover prone on offense we'll win this. I imagine the efficiency of our offense will dictate this game more than defending against them, they aren't as talented on offense as Pittsburgh or Louisville, but they do have a better defense.

Archived