• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PJ showed me something last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

two long throws with nice touch, too bad pyeton dropped one.

why did we not take a few shots down field earlier to force army to respect the pass?

why is pj mechanics so off, even when he had some time?

coaching! OC and QB coaching

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I think he was just confused. He sure looked confused every time they sent in a play from the sideline. I mean, one series we're running the four-receiver spread, the next series we're in the Wing-T. Not to mention that he's playing with an injury.

And when the opposition is stacking up for the run, you've GOT to take some shots downfield. Even if they're incomplete you've got to represent the threat to try and keep them honest. Could have helped the second-half running game, which was so obvious that Army was loading up the line of scrimmage even when USF was in 4-WR sets.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our cOACHING was bad and didn't seem prepared

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I agree smazza, I brought the coaching problems up under the topic "Calling for CJL's head" and was called an idiot for doing so.  So many people are so loyal to Leavitt they dont want to admit there may be a problem there.  So when I call them out on it and ask them to try to convince me why he should stay, I dont get any takers...I guess its easier to just call someone names and leave any facts out of the argument.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Some of you guys crack me up. Leavitt has given you 7 great seasons of good, sometimes exhilirating football yet you are not willing to give him a down year to rebuild and retool.

I am not a tow the party line kind of fan but some of the criticism leveled at JL are just absurd.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Leavitt deserves at least one season in the Big East, now a lose to UCF next season and I may call for his head, but not before then.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

LOL you guys crack ME up, if you feel that way why not take me up on my challenge on the other thread and explain it to me!!!  If you read this post i'm sure you must have read that one, why won't anyone respond to it?  Is it because there is no valid explanation?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

When have we ever won a game we were serious underdogs for?  Pitt was a good win, but they were by no means a great team that year.  Every SEC team we've played has stomped us, embarrased us:  Ark, OK, SC.  Now we're losing to teams we should beat.  

No Marquel, No JR, No Kawika...we have noone to rescue us from our horrible play anymore and it shows.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Another thing about PJ. Right after the game the team was understandably PO'd, Leavitt was furious in his press conference and generally the mood was gloom and doom. I was able to get a quick interview with PJ and he was mad, upset, but incredibly positive. Not positive in the dopey I don't give a **** sense, but leader positive. When he came out he was already preparing himself to focus on Louisville, discussing his tape viewing schedule for the next day. He was upset, no doubt about that. He is holding himself responsible and accountable. But he is seemed committed and confident. Leadership like that breeds success, people will follow that attitude and be more productive because of it. It was a relative eye-opener after all the negativity that was floating around the locker room.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

When have we ever won a game we were serious underdogs for?  Pitt was a good win, but they were by no means a great team that year.  Every SEC team we've played has stomped us, embarrased us:  Ark, OK, SC.  Now we're losing to teams we should beat.  

No Marquel, No JR, No Kawika...we have noone to rescue us from our horrible play anymore and it shows.

Nice job. You rip on a coach who has run into his first bad year and dump on a defense that has won us countless games.