• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

If Gregory insists on abandoning the run and sticking with these 5-reciever formations, then let's go ahead and put BJ in the game now.  Spreading the field doesn't do much when the DB's know they can all but ignore any reciever 25 yards past the line of scrimmage. 

This is not a bash of Grothe, but a bash at Gregory.  You have to play to your own team strengths and weaknesses.  Unfortunately the long-ball is not Grothe's strength.  His strength is his mobility, running capability and short-to-mid range passes.  You cannot expect him to do the impossible. 

It's not like the run wasn't there, it's that they just abandoned it completely. 

Grothe throws a great deep ball.

We had Ford, Pupello, Mark Dile, and Taylor out of the game at one point.  That's our 2 best running backs, our right tackle, and our 2nd best TE.

That is arguable.  Grothe is an amazing QB, but his long ball isn't that long.  When he does throw long, his accuracy suffers.  If there were any knock on Grothe, that would be it.  Otherwise, you can't blame him for the coaches placing the entire game on his shoulders.  He cannot be a one-man show and the recievers can't be asked to catch EVERY ball.  It's not going to happen. 

Even Wally Burnham knows (he's said it over and over again this season) that when you stop a team from running, it's all but over for them. 

Loosing all of those guys to injury really did hurt the running game's chances for sure, but Gregory abaondoning the run is what killed it.  The game was within one score for all of the second half.  Why panic and throw every down?  It sure made it easier for Louisville's defense. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

yes Grothe is BETTER than Tebow because he has 60 more yards passing.  Never mind the utter disparity in the level of competition each has faced.  Some of you are REALLY blind. 

Anybody who HATES any college athlete is not that bright.  I will say though that the only people who will hate BJ are the MG supporters who just can't get enough of those change-ups he throws for ints every week.  I'm talking to you Orlando Bull. 

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I hate Loosing!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

yes Grothe is BETTER than Tebow because he has 60 more yards passing.  Never mind the utter disparity in the level of competition each has faced.  Some of you are REALLY blind. 

Anybody who HATES any college athlete is not that bright.  I will say though that the only people who will hate BJ are the MG supporters who just can't get enough of those change-ups he throws for ints every week.  I'm talking to you Orlando Bull. 

interesting-- seeing as Grothe has 5 INTs after 8 games. I guess the statisticians missed three INTs since MG has thrown multiple INTs every game this season according to that comment.

14 TDs

5 INTs

better than last season already

67% completion percentage.

anyone who blames Grothe for the bad things going on this season is slightly delusional

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

interesting-- seeing as Grothe has 5 INTs after 8 games. I guess the statisticians missed three INTs since MG has thrown multiple INTs every game this season according to that comment.

14 TDs

5 INTs

better than last season already

67% completion percentage.

anyone who blames Grothe for the bad things going on this season is slightly delusional

I had a good thing going until Mike decided to use the quote function and I saw my name...

Anyway, I am a MG supporter. I just can't seem to get enough of those wins he keeps bringing, the rankings that we have achieved with him at QB, the complete one-man show that he is on offense. I can't get over the fact that with Andre Hall (who was better than our running game today), we were 4-7 and 6-6, and with MG and no running game, we have been having 9 win seasons. Am I content, is that the best we can do? No! Is that the best we can do with one legitimate offensive weapon and/or a bad defensive secondary? Maybe.

By the way, I in no way said that I would hate BJ, my whole post was about not setting expectations so high that this kid fails before he ever steps foot on the field.

I will not blame one of our top 3 players for anything bad that has happened to this team over the last 3 years. When one of our receivers proves that they can break a tackle and make something happen, or one of our backs prove that they can break off a big run, or our offensive line proves that they can hold a block for running and passing plays, then, maybe, I will start to look at the QB position as our problem. Until then, I will keep in mind that MG doesn't get a lot of help, and as he goes, so goes our Bulls.

Archived