• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

out coached...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Army beat USF in the second half with the toss play to their star RB. Take away the toss plays and then the USF defense stops the run. If I was the USF coaching staff, I would make sure that they get the players to learn how to defend the toss run play. Army just used great blocking and the USF players were not patient because they overpursed the RB. That is all there is too it. If you look at the first half, that ARMY RB could not run well when they did not use the toss play. Also, I hate to make excuses, but I did see a bad weakness in our defense in the middle after LRS Jr went out of the game due to an injury. I really believe losing LRS Jr really hurt USF that night.  The secondary (outside Camon) has been really bad this season. And I am not just blaming our freshman Verpaele. I am putting the blame on our DBs that continue to get beat each week. Hopefully, Mike Jenkins gets back in the game against UL because we need him to have a coming out party if we want to have a chance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UL  didn't use the toss play

the ran,passed and catched at will

Guest KnightLight
i thought we had speed on defense?

no talent,no technique and no speed is why army scored at will

you will see all 3 in UL game

smazza...thanks for the heads up! You were right again!

KL

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Penalties were down on Offensive and defense. Although there were five, count them 5 penalties on special teams. 4 block in the backs & 1 personal foul, late hit. GEEEZ, who is the special teams coach? Leavitt is the answer. Why cannot the HC get this in order?  ::)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there was nothing in order last night

penalties were down but our ol couldn't  create a hole

and on defense UL gained yards with no effort

have no fear

if we ever get in  a  close game again our undisciplined boys will commit stupid penalties again i have no doubt

we are poorly coached

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

there was nothing in order last night

penalties were down but our ol couldn't  create a hole

and on defense UL gained yards with no effort

have no fear

if we ever get in  a  close game again our undisciplined boys will commit stupid penalties again i have no doubt

we are poorly coached

smazza are you really a football coach or is the smog getting to you?

Professional teams have a hard time establishing a running game when defenses crowd 8 or sometimes 9 in the box.

The only way to offset that is to make them pay downfield and we know that is impossible. Perhaps we should pay Julmiss NOT to play.

Coaching? Offensive playing calling was average at best but the real problem was talent. UL has 3 monster RBs and two great QBs.

UL's defense is average and if would caught the ball the few times it was thrown anywhere near its intended receiver we could of made some plays on the Cards.

We got outcoached against Army b/c theirs adjustment worked better than ours. However, Leavitt has not options other than Ronnie Banks at QB and on defense....do you really gain anything by replacing a starter with a newbie freshmen?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  23

Talk about poor adjustments, how do they justify playing PJ in the second half after one completion and way too many inaccurate passes. Yeah, there were too many drops, but I rarely saw any touch on his throws, every pass seemed to be a bullet. I guess last night proves JL's commitment to PJ, whatever that's worth.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

S Bien... I'm not ready to axe Leavitt by any means, but saying our safeties weigh less than the Hooters chicks at halftime... if this is our problem, why are recruiting these players with little size? This is one of those seasons where are resolve is tested... it's going on in Orlando also. We just have to hang in there and bullieve that a diamond in the rough is waiting to handle our spread offense next year. I truly believe we are a QB short of having lost only two games this season... USC and UL. Our offense should have been scrapped when they realized what a running back A. Hall was (yes, you were right on him and I was wrong). I'm still big on Terence Jones coming in and being a playmaker, but I love watching Hall with the ball. He is our first legit back in our short history (better than Dyral McMillian).

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Outcoached my a$$.  Petrino may be a better coach, but Lombardi couldnt have made our team beat UL last night.  They are a way better team.  We are young at almost every positon except for OL.  In a 41-9 game I think it is obvious that there is a talent gap.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I have to agree with smazza on this one, granted UL is a better team this year, but remember, we beat them last year, LAST YEAR, one year ago...not that much has changed on either team, coaching players.  Both UL and USF has a majority of returning players from last season, its not like we graduated 22 starters or something.  

I wasnt expecting to win, but I certainly wasnt expecting to get blown out.  And as for the 41 points, it could have been 70 if UL wanted it that way.  

So if it wasnt being out coached then what was it?  The only postion we got significantly weaker at from last year was  the secondary.  Sure QB is a weak position, but its the same QB tandem that we had last year so that is no excuse, Receivers is also a push to me, no significant changes there.  Granted we graduated a couple starters, but last year we only had 2 or 3 reliable guys to go to, this year there are 4 or 5 decent targets, just not as talented as say a Huey W but I think the positive and negative cancel each other out there, besides the WR's were pretty much a non factor last season anyways.  At RB we are obviousely better.  The entire O-line returned.  LB's are very strong.  

So the Secondary, and Special teams are the only units that suffered a major loss, certainly not enough to justify the huuuuge turnaround from last seasons game to this seasons game.