• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cheap shot on Gramatica

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

::)  & Notre Dame should always win 'cuz they are God's team.  GMAB.

F#$% the irish

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90

I saw it also and so did my father in law,(the Reaper). We were both hollering so much that the cops were giving us looks. Oh well, I guess kickers still get no respect. Remember, cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I did not see any cheapshots which is why I am not caring much about this post. MarkyMark, cheapshots happend in alot in football. Some are minor and some are major. I did not see any major cheapshots done from ARMY. Now for USF, I have seen countless cheapshots from our program. So for any USF fan to be crying about some unproven cheapshots from ARMY is just reaching too far. ARMY kicked our tails in, so if you want to call that a cheap shot that so be it.  And yes, these players are making the commitment of defending our country, so I attest that Army is that last team to commit any cheapshots. Geez. If we are going to talk about cheapshots, then lets just bring up the USM team that did commit alot of cheapshots against USF. JMO.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

MM,

And I guess you took my post the wrong way. I do think cheapshots are not acceptable, but I doubt ARMY made any cheapshots. I would have to watch the game on tape again to see that because I did not see anything close to being a cheapshot. Anyway, USF has alot more to worry about then cheapshots from ARMY LOL. To even think that we want to rip on ARMY is kind of classless IMO. Maybe I am wrong, but I just could not boo the ARMY team at all last night. I even gave ARMY applause on their effort that they played. They never gave up and just outcoached USF. There is no anyway to say it then to just give ARMY there much due respect.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

it was during halftime... Gramattica was warming up when the Army players came out.  A couple Army players ran over Gramattica on their way out.  He ran off the field holding his wrist.  

Did they do it on purpose, who knows?   but either way they shouldnt be running that close to the kicker no matter what

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i did see him holding his wrist but i did not see the shot cheap or otherwise. bottom line it should not happen.

Guest AstroBull

I was in the student section and we were all pissed.  It shouldn't happen.  Maybe Leavitt just didn't want to talk about it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

I have only one (compound) question:

did the Army player(s) go "out of the basepath" in order to run him over?  or was he lined up right in the path of the team coming out of the locker room?

Good luck against Louisville and the rest of the season!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

it definitely happened... I'm not accusing anyone of a cheap shot though.  I think it was more of a friendly bump and since santiago weighs 120 soaking wet, he went flying.  It had no impact on the game, just something that isnt really necessary.    

I wouldnt say they went out of their way to hit him, but they definitely did not go out of their way to miss him.  He was warming up FG's like all kickers coming out of halftime.  So he was sort of in the way of the players coming from the NW tunnel going to the east/visitors bench.  They very easily could have NOT hit him, but I dont think it was really that big of a deal.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I saw the entire thing happen. I was watching Santiago warm during halftime as Army came out of the tunnel and paraded right through the middle of his kicking area, I mean as if he weren't standing there. Some guys knocked into him and Santiago took a couple of steps at them as if to perform a soccer-stlye slide tackle. Then he laid there for a second and got up grabbing his wrist. I disn't know what the hell happened but plenty of others around me saw the exact same thing. It was a cheap shot by Army.