• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF-FIU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think this was a big mistake for UCiF... how can they come out of this with anything to gain? If they manage to sweep FIU then they will be right back where they were before they scheduled the series since FIU is supposed to be below them...

UCiF has signed its death warrant, next stop for them is battling FAMU for the biggest turd in the bottom of the bowl...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4-game series.

http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=866895

Personally, I see nothing wrong with scheduling other state schools.  However, since some UCFers think playing Miami sucks I am sure this is an improvement.  Right Chad?

we should have  played ftu/ou/oc for ever

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I think this was a big mistake for UCiF... how can they come out of this with anything to gain? If they manage to sweep FIU then they will be right back where they were before they scheduled the series since FIU is supposed to be below them...

UCiF has signed its death warrant, next stop for them is battling FAMU for the biggest turd in the bottom of the bowl...

Which is exactly why WE don't want to play UCF anymore.

Ironic, eh?

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  1

Ofcourse there's something to gain from playing FIU...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In all seriousness, this new scheduling format for FIU is really positive, no more money games after 2009 and the promise of big time football schools on campus will help propel the program forward. 

This is the Blog from the Herald

Most of the new FIU non-conference football schedule is out and it's all BCS and Central Florida. Of the 20 OOC  games FIU plays between 2010-2014, 12 have been scheduled and all the matchups are an equal number of home-and-home games.

Pete Garcia, FIU AD, said that FIU will only schedule home-and-home games from now on to give the Golden Panthers an average of 6 homers per year and in some seasons it could be 8 home games, if we count the Florida Atlantic game as a home game since its either at FIU or at Dolphin Stadium.

FIU is in talks with teams from the SEC, Pac-10 and other ACC and Big East teams to fill out the  remaining 8 games. Again with the deal being that the Golden Panthers will play an equal number of times at that team's stadium and an equal  number of times at FIU Stadium.

Here's the sked:

2010 - at Texas A&M; at UCF (2 games left to fill).

2011 - home vs. UCF; at Louisville; home vs. Duke (1 game to fill).

2012 - at Duke; home vs. Louisville (2 games to fill).

2013 - home vs. Texas A&M; home vs. UCF (those are the 1st 2 games of the season); at Louisville (1 game to fill).

2014 - at UCF (season opener); home vs. Louisville (2 games to fill).

Things look promising.  Go F I U!

2735549539_45b0069237.jpg

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats to FIU.  Looks like they will pass UCiF soon enough.  They're going in the wrong direction.  As others have said, a loss to FIU will be disastorous for UCiF.

• Content Count:  573

I believe that out of state schools are willing to give FIU 1 and 1's for recruiting purposes.  They can tell a FL kid that he can play in front of friends and family if he signs with them.

As for UL, it seems like they don't believe UCF will be invited to the BEAST anytime soon.  I don't think they would want to play 3 FL schools in a year.

• Content Count:  711

A few years ago...this may seem like a WTF deal.  But it's pretty spread out and with the 12 game thing....it'll be good to stay close to home.  USF did also sign a 1-1 with WKU, as well.  I think it's good for the state to play these games.  Nothing to be ashamed of...I'm sure USF will ink more deals with them and FAU, as well.

Archived