• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Booker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I need some of the recruiting Guru's to help me out here. Andre Booker, RB, Sarasota Riverview. I have seen him in person, and he is a pretty good looking kid. Local newspapers talk about him very highly. I believe Scouts only has him as a 1star and Rivals doesnt even have info on him (or vice versa, I cant recall). Anyway, I have heard that he is interested in going to USF and was wondering if he is being recruited, heavily or lightly, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated, and Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He supposedly has an offer from USF according to this article dated August 29, 2008:

ANDRE BOOKER, Riverview

RB, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds

A state qualifier in the 110- and 300-meter hurdles, Booker is one of the most versatile running backs in the state. Despite sharing the running back load last year, he still gained 775 yards on 116 carries (6.6 avg.) with five touchdowns. Was also the Rams’ leading receiver with 17 catches for 223 yards (13.1 avg.). Runs close to a 4.3-second 40-yard dash. Received offers from USF, West Virginia and Central Michigan with a lot more to come. Figures to be a 1,000-yard rusher this season.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080829/ARTICLE/80827001/2444/sports0502?Title=Area_abuzz_with_talent

Thanks Mama. I recall seeing that article as well, but I was just curious why there is no info on rivals, scouts, etc. Anybody know how good he really is? Like I said, I saw him play one game this year, and he looked pretty good, but I dont know how good the team was he was playing against.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

He runs close to a 4.3 40. That's good enough for me.  ;DSpeed kills. Just look at how fast the gators RBs run.

Thanks Mama. I recall seeing that article as well, but I was just curious why there is no info on rivals, scouts, etc. Anybody know how good he really is? Like I said, I saw him play one game this year, and he looked pretty good, but I dont know how good the team was he was playing against.

All I know about him is that he competed at a USF camp earlier this year and was pretty impressive and that he's having a good season averaging over 120 yards/gm rushing.

Yea, I saw him play against Miami something, and he looked very good. Def very quick, and every bit of a 4.3. I wouldnt mind seeing him in a bulls jersey.

Yea, I really like the looks of the kid. How interested in Booker do you think USF is? I also wonder if maybe he changes position.

Yea, I really like the looks of the kid. How interested in Booker do you think USF is? I also wonder if maybe he changes position.

USF doesn't OFFER anybody unless we are very interested. If he really does have a USF offer then that speaks volumes. I don't have any info about his academics or test scores. Offers are contingent on a player performing up to par in the classroom. 

From what I understand, he will probably be eligible. I guess what I am trying to say is that we seem to have a HUGE stable of running backs, absolutely loaded. Taylor, Ford, Murray, the two from this year... The list goes on and on, and Im even leaving some big names off. I have a limited knowledge of recruiting, and honestly kinda like the stars system; I know, it generally doesnt mean ****, but its a fun way to see how your team has kept up with the others. If our stables are full of these 4 Star RB's, then Im interested in why we are interested in a 1 Star. Now, the impression I get is that he just hasnt been graded yet, so thats why there is little or no ranking.

Ramble/

Archived