• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kazmir to start Game 5!

Donno

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/

not sure I like that move...

If we do win, that means Shields doesn't pitch for like 10 days in the WS which is not a good thing for his style

• Content Count:  7,890

I like it because if we lose Thursday than Shields is at home and we close it out at home. If Shields pitched on thursday and lost then Kaz has to pitch in a very important game 6

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Kaz = historically very good in Fenway

Shields = historically much better at home

I like the move, especially since the Rays may not waste a great Shields start against a lights-out Dice K and can save Shields to face Beckett or Lester in game 6 (if needed).  Rays fans should take that match-up in the Trop any day of the week.

• Content Count:  2,511

Maddon is going for the win.

Kaz was 0-1 at Fenway this season, while Shields was 0-2.  Each of those links will show performance for past seasons, and Kazmir was a road warrior last season.  What the stats do not show is a no decision start for the pitcher where the bullpen won the game.

Kazmir has been shaky all season, but Shields has the better record at home.  9-2 for Shields vs. 8-2 for Kazmir.

There is no indication that Dice K will repeat the same performance he had against the Rays in game one.  The Rays bats are on fire, so Kazmir will have confidence if the Rays score a lot of early runs.

I really doubt Maddon is conceding game 5.

If I hear another j-off Red Sox fan go on how they came back in 2004 and 2007, I might just go crazy.  Who cares what they did last year or 3 years ago?  The Rays have played toe to toe with the Red Sox this season, the Rays won the season series this season, the Rays won the AL East, and the Rays have home field advantage if the series goes to 6 or 7 games.  That is something the Red Sox did not have to contend with in 2004 or 2007.

• Content Count:  883

It's the right move.  Kaz pitches well and gets his confidence back, we'll have 4 really good pitchers for the WS.  If not, Joe will yank him quick and still go for the win.  If we don't get the win, Shields at home Saturday sounds great to me.

• Content Count:  159

I trust Maddon.

He knows something we do not.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

kazmir sucks, hopefully the offense keeps up with all the scoring because this guy will last 4 innings and give up 8 runs

• Content Count:  873

kazmir sucks, hopefully the offense keeps up with all the scoring because this guy will last 4 innings and give up 8 runs

I hope maddon will not let it get out of hand.  I say when crapmir loads the bases in the first inning with no one out, maddon starts warming up price.  Just watch, he'll get 1-2 and 0-2 counts on batters and end up walking them, it always happens.  If maddon can take him out early and put in price, we can have a chance to come back.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I hope maddon will not let it get out of hand.  I say when crapmir loads the bases in the first inning with no one out, maddon starts warming up price.  Just watch, he'll get 1-2 and 0-2 counts on batters and end up walking them, it always happens.  If maddon can take him out early and put in price, we can have a chance to come back.

on the pregame show on BHSN, rock riley just said if kazmir doesnt play well coaches have told him he wont be on the world series roster and will be put on the disabled list.  GREAT NEWS. if he gets in trouble early in the 1st i wont be surprised to see him pulled. maddon aint f-ing around

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

on the pregame show on BHSN, rock riley just said if kazmir doesnt play well coaches have told him he wont be on the world series roster and will be put on the disabled list.  GREAT NEWS. if he gets in trouble early in the 1st i wont be surprised to see him pulled. maddon aint f-ing around

I wonder if you 2 are keeping the same stances you had on BJ Upton all year?

How can you not know BJ Upton is top 2 on this team?

Archived