• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to attach Bull Horns to a Helmet...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

until mutt showed me the way

Isn't it great how one bull helps out another?  Why don't you just do the same?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

I would but I would have to kill you.

It all depends on which horns you are using.

My wife and mine have the ones from the book store

l_d85d61f3981d4e25bc5ad15dcc1488bd.jpg

Thats real easy all you need to do is to cut a whole alittle smaller than the horns and stick them threw the whole.

I really dont know how to attach real horns if that is what you are using. Also I dont know if the TSA will let them in the stadium.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would but I would have to kill you.

It all depends on which horns you are using.

My wife and mine have the ones from the book store

l_d85d61f3981d4e25bc5ad15dcc1488bd.jpg

Thats real easy all you need to do is to cut a whole alittle smaller than the horns and stick them threw the whole.

I really dont know how to attach real horns if that is what you are using. Also I dont know if the TSA will let them in the stadium.

Thanks  ;D

Yeah I'm using the ones from the book store, the exact same ones you have on your helmets... however my problem is that I'm going to try to attach them to a german novelty helmet that I've been unsafely using as a motorcycle helmet for a while, figured to use it for something else then just throw it away.

I have a dremel tool and I will see if cutting a hole is possible, if not then I will try another way, maybe plastic weld, or 3M tape... thanks again and nice bucket  ;D

• Content Count:  7,890

good luck i have gone through 3 in 3 years

• Content Count:  2,277

If I were making one I would use Liquid Nails.  Liquid Nails will hold anything to anything.  Be careful though because it's a pain to clean up but if you can put it between the two pieces and brace them so it dries you will rip the helmet apart before the horns detach.  If you glue 2 pieces of wood together with it and try to separate them you will never have the 2 same pieces back again.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If I were making one I would use Liquid Nails.  Liquid Nails will hold anything to anything.  Be careful though because it's a pain to clean up but if you can put it between the two pieces and brace them so it dries you will rip the helmet apart before the horns detach.  If you glue 2 pieces of wood together with it and try to separate them you will never have the 2 same pieces back again.

Yeah I was thinking about liquid nails... I will probably start with that and if its a no go then I will sand down the area, repaint it gold, and try 3M tape, then as a last resort use the drill to cut a hole... once you cut you can't sand that out.

Also I was looking at the horns last night and they seem light enough to just be stuck on with out a problem... I'm going to also wrap the bottoms with light rope, glue that together to build a bigger base, and then glue the entire thing down and hope for the best.

Once I get it done I will post pictures in this thread - I'm planning to have it ready in time for the 11/15 Rutgers game.

• Content Count:  2,277

I'd glue the horns on first and then wrap the rope around them at the base.  For paint, if you're interested, I used Krylon spray paint color "Champagne Noveau" (gold) and "Hunter Green" for my cornhole boards.  Walmart is the only place I could find with any paints even close to USF colors.  I think the colors came out exactly how they should.  The only gold I could find anywhere else was a shiny metalic gold.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'll never tell  ;)

IMG_1141.JPG

I thought I told you to stop letting your baby drink...  ^^^^^^^ 

And please...  you act like it's a secret.    We use the force.    ;)

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

And uh...    J.B. Weld ;)

Archived