• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What style should USF's Offense choose?

What style should USF's Offense choose?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

we need to start that Wildcat offense like miami is doing in the NFL.. they look great this year. throw some trick plays in there or reverses.. make the other teams defense think on whats going to happen.. thats what i think our offense needs to do. mix it up. stop making the same plays people have on tape. they see it coming. i do not really pay attention to EXACTLY what plays are called but i can see whos getting the ball before they even hike the ball. its just so High school right now. we need to step it up on some new plays.  do an option where ford throws the ball to AJ love or somthing of that nature.. or have him do the whole across the field pass back to grothe and have him pass it in for a TD..  what does everyone else think????

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  90

no one else has any more input??

• Content Count:  919

Jake

Pitt, UConn and Rutgers with Ray Rice are teams that were built to run first. Their OLine's where recruited and have been doing that for years. USF's line has been built for the spread, passing and quick traps to let RBs get thru.

With Andre Hall we had NO choice our passing sucked and if you see what happened when we met any team with a resemblance of a DLine like NCst they stopped us.

Yes our OLine is not without talent and with the RBs we have we will be able to run vs bad or avg defenses. Watch us rake up over 200 yds rushing vs the Cuse, but youll see those numbers go down vs UL and Cincy. We will NOT beat Cincy with just trying to run it.

Rutgers and Pitt have more highly rated recruits in their lines. Their lines specially tackles are bigger than ours. They are more of the blocking downhill style. All you have to lok at is how much our line struggles when we need a yard.

First, let me say that I think USF can power run if they choose to do it, and that is what I prefer, but I'm not saying they should.  I really just want them to do what works.

Rutgers and Pitt have a couple of higher rated recruits, but for the most part the talent level up front is the same as USF.  You can't believe that UConn has more O-Line talent than USF?  They run the hell out of the ball, and they do it because that is what they scheme to do.  They work on it and commit to it and they pound it again and again. 

Our line struggles in short yardage because we play a finesse spread most of the time.  You can't have it both ways.

Archived