• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, to lighten it up, what are your non-football reasons as to why we lost?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

shoot.  i didn't see this thread when i made my own post.  copy & paste:

so for every game this year [except one] i have worn the same pair of green boxer shorts [yes i wash them, so don't ask]...

the one game i didn't wear them was FIU, which was until last night our worst game of the season bar none...

so i made sure to have them on for NCSU, and surprise surprise we stomped the out of the Pack.

but last night, despite attending the game in my lucky green draws, we lost to Pitt at home.

has the luck worn off?

i don't know what else to attribute it to...  but i did do a few things different yesterday that i don't normally do:

1. i wore my USF wristband on the left hand instead of the right.  this will never happen again.  the left hand is the hand of the DEVIL!

2. i wore my BullsOutfitter #26 jersey to a game for the first time.  OH NOES!  i will no longer be breaking in new jerseys to games.  only proven WINNER jerseys [like my cheap Starter #35 that i got from Bealls Outlet for $15] will be worn from now on.

3. i wore beads around my neck for the first time this season.  i'm not quite sure if it was the fact that i wore beads, or if it was the specific beads i wore that caused the problem...  last year i picked up a set of beads at a Rutgers watch party at Selmons and just threw them in with my enormous collection of green and gold beads after the game.  maybe i just happened to pick out the CURSED  beads from last season?

anyways, as a result of last night's game i am burning all beads and will no longer wear the lucky draws to games.

as long as they don't match the colors of the opposing team, i figure i'll be in good with the superstition gods.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

1. i wore my USF wristband on the left hand instead of the right.  this will never happen again.  the left hand is the hand of the DEVIL!

This is one of the few things I am superstitious about. EVERYTHING is on my right arm/hand/wrist.

I think we lost because on Sunday I put my facebook status as 'Lydia loves that USF is the last undefeated team in Florida.'

I'm sorry. I jinxed us all. :/

• Content Count:  92

OK, I guess it's time to share my dirty little secret. I'm so ashamed.  I knew it was wrong at the time, but nobody else said anything, so I went along with it.  Several in my tailgating group bring champagne to celebrate the win after the game.  Last night, one of them pops open a bottle BEFORE the game.  I should have stopped that she-devil before it was too late, but, llike Eve and the apple, the lure was too great.  Oh, I knew that it might upset the gods, but the thrill of breaking out of old habits was so... intoxicating.  Never again!  The champagne will stay in the cooler until after the win!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Lou Dobbs & I place the blame for this squarely on the foreigners.

The Indian consultants that are here to swipe American jobs.

Why would I say such a thing? Because, in an effort to extend the right

hand of fellowship, I made the tragic mistake of giving two of my tickets

to a couple of the Indians who work with me at Nielsen. I thought it would

be good to introduce them to that thing the Americans are always talking

about. Hearts and minds, sports fans...hearts and minds.

Well...as it turns out, they had no clue as to what college football was like

so I spent the evening explaining it to them. Also, yesterday was Gandhi's

Birthday (cause for celebration across the spit), and in keeping with his passive,

peace loving, line of thinking, my guests found the game to be exceptionally violent

but found the "Hooters Calendar Girls" to be most intriguing.

I would hasten to point out that I have never seen the Bulls lose at RayJ

except for when I did give away my two extra tickets. Effective immediately there

will be no free tickets from me, and in particular, there will be no free tickets

to anyone requiring a visa.

So there.

Respectfully,

Dean "Xenophobia..keeping America Strong" Robinson

yhst-86554535233569_1961_2668143

• Content Count:  743

A few friends of mine have had a tailgate and painted themselves for every home game for 3 years. Saw them walking around aimlessly before the game in a polo shirt. I told them beforehand they better find some paint because i don't like the bad vibes they're giving the team.

• Content Count:  154

Evan Longoria being at the game after the Rays won game 1 of the ALDS jinxed us!!!  Hey enjoyed his 2 homeruns a little too much with a beer in his hand.  lol  But the true reason is because I did not where my official game day shirt that I usually wear. 

• Content Count:  743

Jesus the superstition on this board is awesome haha

• Content Count:  80

my soon to be wife (8 days away... getting married on the bye week) didn't come.  She has a lucky skirt and shirt and little face tatoo.

She was with her mother doing wedding things and I was to text her the updates.

I will be writing a pre-nup now stating if I divorce her due to her missing another game I will get everything and she will owe me alimony.

• Content Count:  2,118

i had ******* jury duty and couldn't make the tailgate.

Archived