• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thursday Tailgate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Been off the boards for a few days while in Raleigh and don't feel like digging through pages of threads so I will ask here.  Have we determined that ALL lots, including the old mall lot, will not open until 4pm this Thursday?  I want to watch the Rays at 2:30 and would like to be able to do it while tailgating instead of watching an hour of the game, leaving for the USF game, and then setting up at the lot to watch the last hour of the Rays game. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Been off the boards for a few days while in Raleigh and don't feel like digging through pages of threads so I will ask here.  Have we determined that ALL lots, including the old mall lot, will not open until 4pm this Thursday?  I want to watch the Rays at 2:30 and would like to be able to do it while tailgating instead of watching an hour of the game, leaving for the USF game, and then setting up at the lot to watch the last hour of the Rays game. 

Lots only open 4 hours before kickoff... sorry I can't locate the thread with the link to the new rules.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I thought there was some discussion as to whether this included the mall lot.  Man this sucks.  What a freakin joke.

• Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

I've been parking in the old mall parking lot for the past two years, and I have yet see them turn a car away at any point in time.  Typicaly my group shows up around 4hours till kick off, and at tha point in time the mall parking lot is already getting full. I am almost positive that you can park there earlier than 4hours before kick.

• Content Count:  1,297

alright.......here's the plan.......cram 8 hrs worth of drinking into 4 hrs.  problem solved.  >:D

• Content Count:  880

hope you have a mobile dish......the game is on TBS

alright.......here's the plan.......cram 8 hrs worth of drinking into 4 hrs.  problem solved.   >:D

That's what makes this policy so freaking dumb... people will just hit the hard stuff and skip on the beer -Or- binge drink for 4 hours until the game starts.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Gameday Central page on gousfbulls.com says lots will open at 3:30pm. The new USF/TSA initiative says lots will open a maximum of 4 hours before kickoff.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&SPSID=36763&SPID=2933&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1586109

I won't be getting out there earlier than 4 hours anyways because of work, but does anyone know what the deal is with Al Lopez? Is that a new option for those who like to get out there early, or will we get bothered for being out there too early?

• Content Count:  1,297

alright.......here's the plan.......cram 8 hrs worth of drinking into 4 hrs.  problem solved.   >:D

That's what makes this policy so freaking dumb... people will just hit the hard stuff and skip on the beer -Or- binge drink for 4 hours until the game starts.

Yes, we both understand that this is all political posturing.  I do not want to turn this into another one of THOSE threads, but yes, it's a dumb rule.

does anyone know what the deal is with Al Lopez? Is that a new option for those who like to get out there early, or will we get bothered for being out there too early?

Yeah I almost forgot about Al Lopez Park... although if they are enforcing a 4 hour limit on tailgating then I imagine if you get there at Al Lopez 5 hours early and pop open a beer then the cops could arrest you for open container since its not within that 4 hour window.

Archived