• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still looking for two bidders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, Eric a little overly sensitive about this. Don't think it was a knock on the program, take a deep breath there buddy.

Not overly sensitive about this, just don't understand why our own fans would rip on each other.  We are trying to promote our RespectaBull Campaign and I think it needs to start with each other.  For some people, this is a huge thrill.  For others, it's a huge thrill to tailgate for as long as they can.  Everyone's different.  Our job in athletics is to provide opportunities to involve as many people as possible and give them experiences and memories they'll cherish.

We aren't always right on but for a segment of our audience, the Running of the Bulls is a huge thing. 

Eric

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

There is always going to be someone that disagrees with a play, a pregame tradition, an in-stadium song, helmet color, etc.  Conversely there are also people that like it.  Not going to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

• Content Count:  1,757

Wow, Eric a little overly sensitive about this. Don't think it was a knock on the program, take a deep breath there buddy.

Not overly sensitive about this, just don't understand why our own fans would rip on each other.  We are trying to promote our RespectaBull Campaign and I think it needs to start with each other.  For some people, this is a huge thrill.  For others, it's a huge thrill to tailgate for as long as they can.  Everyone's different.  Our job in athletics is to provide opportunities to involve as many people as possible and give them experiences and memories they'll cherish.

We aren't always right on but for a segment of our audience, the Running of the Bulls is a huge thing. 

Eric

I have had season tickets for a while. I am that guy that invtives the opposing team to come over and tailgate with us, and tell the idiots to stop mouthing off when it is out of control. The majority of the people I know think it looks ridiculous, just stating my opinion, your never going to please 100 percent, your absolutely right.

• Content Count:  1,757

If it is getting tough to fill up, maybe we could start a new pregame tradition? There have been some suggestion in other threads.

It's filled up with SBC, we decided this year to auction off these to give fans what could be a really cool experience.  If you don't like it, don't bid, but don't trash others who want to experience what it's like to run out in front of the team.  I'll post this in the other thread as well.

Eric

Can you point me to where I "trashed" someone please? Thanks

it looks like we are getting the sophomores majoring in Star Trek history every game. It is really embarrassing to see a bunch of dorks running onto the field, then having an asthma attack and hugging their fat girlfriends when they are done

Oh yeah...

• Content Count:  1,158

Eric

I have had season tickets for a while. I am that guy that invtives the opposing team to come over and tailgate with us, and tell the idiots to stop mouthing off when it is out of control. The majority of the people I know think it looks ridiculous, just stating my opinion, your never going to please 100 percent, your absolutely right.

That's awesome that you've been doing that.  That is exactly what we need more of.  We always appreciate input from everyone and as stated, we aren't going to please 100 percent of the people, but we'll try our best.

Go Bulls!

Eric

• Content Count:  14

I can tell you this, the couple that did it last week had a great time. And they only missed a little of their tailgating!!

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Just my two cents. I don't think we should be auctioning off spots to run with the bulls. First off, it hasn't been around long enough for it to be considerd (in my opinion) a desirable enough thing to pay to do. I was one of the one's that ran on the first night we did it and in my mind, the experience should be exclusive to students. I don't know if this has changed (since i've graduated) but I remember that the runners were made up almost exclusively of Student Bulls Club members. I'm not saying that SBC doesn't deserve to run, but I think that all students should have an equal opportunity to do it. There should be some sort of effort (if there hasn't been already) to promote running of the bulls for all USF students.

Running of the Bulls is an unforgettable experience. For most of us, it's the only time we'll ever be able to experience being on the field surrounded by 50,000+ fans. It's certainly an awesome thing to do; I just feel it should be exclusive to students rather than auctioned off, which I feel tends to cheapen it. Maybe once it's gone on for a longer time, but not now that it's not established.

• Content Count:  1,066

I cannot wait for Thursday....I've run out on the field many of times with H.O.T., but to run out in front fo the football team is going to be awesome!

Archived