• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Who's driving to NC State with the gas shortage down South?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Leave Friday in the Ram 1500.

Leaving Friday in the 5.4L V8 F-150 w/ a 5000 watt gas generator in the bed for the tailgate.  I'm carpooling with 3 others..........I do what I can for the environment. 

UNACCEPTABLE.....why aren't all 4 of you driving 5.4L V8 F-150 to NC?

Hey, we are saving .00000000001 of a polar bear by carpooling!  It's the least we can do.

Not to mention gas money, which saves another .0000001 of a polar bear, or so...and as soon as all the bears are dead, everything else is next.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

• Content Count:  1,633

I'm riding the magic Boeing up there....and continuing to expand my carbon footprint daily....!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,066

DANG!!!  Fashbacks of 1973....Although I wasn't even a gametophyte yet........Crap, did I just age myself?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Needless to say, I am not driving to NC State. I have a going away party to attend on Saturday night at a friends house. Are there any rules on how much TV you can watch at someone's house during a going away party for someone else? How often can I check the TV for the score, or highlights? I don't mind socializing during half time and such, that should be enough right?

Party starts at 6, I am thinking I would be best off to get sickish around 8 so that I can watch the second half at home live at least.

it's fully acceptable to watch the game while politely pretending to socialize with others...they should get the idea within a few minutes that the game is more important then they are and move on to have meaningless small talk with someone else...then again with my family and friends there'd be no question that the game would be on and many of us would be watching it (or fighting over what game is going to be on which TV)

then again I may not be the best person to ask...I've been known to put sports about social functions many times including sneaking my brother a walkman so he could get updates on the hockey playoffs while he was at prom, can't remember if he did take it with him or not but I don't think his date liked me either way :)

• Content Count:  339

I'm driving over from charlotte.There has been NO gas here for the last few days.  Since about 2-3 days before IKE gas has been tough to get.  For the last 2 days it's been impossible.  I was driving around town to get to a dinner tonight and every single gas station I passed was empty (about 10-12 stations).

I have no idea if this is a city-wide issue or more of a state-wide problem.  It's supposed to be corrrected in the next couple of days or so, but I gotta admit I'm a little worried about running out of gas on the way up (I drive an F-150 V8 5.0L)

Archived