• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zaronn Cann to USF

Guest HowieP1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Awesome...  I had a feeling he was going to choose USF from the get-go.... great pickup.   Good to have a verbal going into the early signing period... hopefully we can get a big guy though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yes SC, this is just a verbal.  Basketball has two signing periods.  The early period starts Nov. 10th and lasts for one week.  Cann will sign then.  Most of the really good talent signs in November, unless there are grade issues.  The second signing period is in April and lasts for about a month.

By the way BD, Jesse Salter signed with FSU and played there for one year before transfering HOME to become a Bull.  Just a point of clarification.

I'm glad Coach Mac kept Zaronn home.  I hope his knee is healthy.

Normal

Thanks

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

One more building block.

Guest HowieP1
One more building block.

Yep.

With Cann and Purdue Transfer Melvin Buckley coming in 2005, Coach Mac can now show recruits that we are starting to build a quality team for the future. Some other players, who were somewhat hesitant to sign with USF, may now get on board to play basketball in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Good grab.  Finally a "true" home town star coming to USF.  What's it been...8-9 yrs since Jesse Salters was on the Sun Dome's Court.  USF should always have a kid in the lineup from Pinellas, Hillsborough & Polk.  At least two outa the three counties.  They produce enuff talent.

T Leather is a pretty good player and he is from Tampa.  He could become a star this year as long as he keeps his head in the game.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

True, but he wasn't a "true" star back when he was recruited... but has developed into a tenacious post player.  

I was thinking the same thing when i read BD's comments.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

True, but he wasn't a "true" star back when he was recruited... but has developed into a tenacious post player.  

I was thinking the same thing when i read BD's comments.

I beg to differ.  TL was a late bloomer no doubt, not to mention grades, test scores, and private issues came into play- many didn't think he would be eligible and would go JUCO.  Once he got the clearance the flood gates opened up on TL.  Seth had stuck with him so TL stuck with us.    Wagers can elaborate further, but TL was very hotly pursued once staff's knew he could play college ball.

However, TL wasn't as bigtime as Cann was during his soph, and junior years.  Cann at one time was considered one of the top 3 in FL, and top 40 in the nation before the major knee injury.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Nice to see us signing a big name recruit to the program. I hope CRM continues on this path of signing guys with some game, and hopefully nabbing a couple of big men to go with all our swings.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

2+2+2+2+2+1.....does not equal 7 (as in 7 footer, or 6'10 footer, heck I'll take a 6'9 footer at this juncture).  We've got enough frigging guards to protect Buckingham palace.  The BE is known for it's tough, physical play and we're creating a finesse team.  CRM continues to baffle me.  

This ain't the MAC Mac.