• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow... Pathetic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

watching the replay on ch. 47 and I just realized how bad the  3 plays after the botched punt were.  First play hand off to Hall, good.  Second Play, option??  with Pj who has a banged up knee and is slow as molasses right now?  horrible call  Third down, one, no two, no THREE different receivers WIDE open in the endzone during the play and PJ bounces the ball from maybe 12 yards away!  Horrendous series

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

AND to follow that up... forcing USM to 3 and out to keep the huge momentum going BUT illegal substitution kept the drive going!  it didnt seem this bad in person for some reason

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I just hope that we work more on our offense with thnis bye-2week ... I know you can't do a total overhaul, but work more on QB under Center with a FullBack.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Couple of things happened on that QB option.  Its nice having that box fm Brighthouse where you can go back 8 seconds. great for watching a play over.  Ctr misses block and qb doesn't pitch. Either one of those happens we get 7 and we are def back in the game.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

I saw enough Sat. night, missed tackles, missed blocks, and dropped/tipped balls.  Things happen durring the game but some of this stuff is very basic, football 101.  We need displine!!! and what is with the timeouts!!!!  JL has never met a time out he has not liked, no excuse, get the right people on the field that are supposed to be on the field.  The special teams coach is horrible between the illegal sub and having to call a timeout because the right people were not on the field for the SM field goal is just horrible.  At matter a fact I think JL has used up all of this months timeouts and is having to pay overage charges!!!!

But I do like what I am seeing that JL is changing his game based on personel that he has on the field.  PJ is under center more with Hall running well, they are going to the spread when needed.  The OL needs some work on learning to fire off the ball and block from a 3 point stands but if this continues I think they can adjust.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Does Football 101 include a section about sometimes you just get beat? It is possible that this is not strictly a lack of discipline issue and sometimes is a matter of being outplayed by equal or better athletes. This is a game-- not rocket science. There is no perfect formula for success-- only theories, practice, and then application. We cannot control the defensive alterations, only contingency plan for them.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

it was as bad in person

my section was groaning mid way thru the second quarter, and some just about jumped unto the field with the 1st and goal fom the 2 poor play calling

but.. most stayed to the end of the game and applauded the player effort even after we did not get the onside kick back... the makings of great fans