• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Erskin back at practice, will travel to NCSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

The fascination....it's all about the rumors of his unbelievable hands and unbelievable speed.

This doesn't automatically make him a great football player, and that was before his ACL injury.

We'll see what he can do soon enough.  They're not going to bring him so he can sit the bench.

• Content Count:  3,403

Personally  I have never understood the fascination with the smallish, former walk-on who has now torn his ACL twice.  Could he be a good player?  Sure, but other than the alleged speed I don't get the hype.  Well I have a theory, but oh well, best of luck to him and the bulls.

Uh, in 2006 he made some great catches.  In 2007 he was named a starter at WR before he was injured and was clocked as the fastest player.  He seems to be elusive and was also named the starter at punter and kick returner in 2007.

I dunno, maybe none of those reasons are good enough for you.  It must be because of your theory.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think the general concern was in seeing a former player come back from an injury and have another shot at playing for our team. How he got on the team-- how he got hurt-- what his potential impact could be-- those are all kind of sidenotes to the fact that USF is sticking by him through this.

It could be a bit overblown though. Remember how much chatter we had on here about Evan Kraky back in the day? And that really didn't make a ripple in the overall USF talent pool. But we were searching hard for any relief at the QB position-- even a reach like Kraky

Hard to call Kraky a reach when he was the all-time leading HS passer in PA while Erskin was only a walk-on with no real history behind him. Kraky developed some kind of chronic foot problem, supposedly after coming to USF, which prevented him from ever playing for us. Hopefully, Erskin will have better luck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Personally  I have never understood the fascination with the smallish, former walk-on who has now torn his ACL twice.  Could he be a good player?  Sure, but other than the alleged speed I don't get the hype.  Well I have a theory, but oh well, best of luck to him and the bulls.

Uh, in 2006 he made some great catches.  In 2007 he was named a starter at WR before he was injured and was clocked as the fastest player.  He seems to be elusive and was also named the starter at punter and kick returner in 2007.

I dunno, maybe none of those reasons are good enough for you.  It must be because of your theory.

Exactly .... It just seemed like whenever he touched the ball, good things happened. Hopefully, he can return to that form.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Erskin stats in 2006:

Rushing: 6 car 7 yards - long 5

Receiving: 5rec 73 yards - 29 long

Returns: 4 KR 68 yards - 23 long

Nothing earth shattering.  Going from memory, I do recall one nice catch during the season and that against McNeese State he played as a RB and ran straight ahead with absolutely no lateral quickness or mobility (but it was his first game so I'll cut him some slack).  I think he has straight line speed but loses that when forced to go laterally.

I'm not saying he won't be good, but given the number of posts on here over the last year about his return, you would think he was either some highly touted recruit or had huge numbers and then got hurt.  I also don't recal the coaches talking up Erskin nearly as much as they did AJ Love coming into this year, who I believe was also another former walk-on.

• Content Count:  1,254

I just can't see anyone on that team, let alone the Big East being faster than Jenkins. If you want proof of how fast Jenkins is, go back to Rutgers last year and watch him run down that one guy. UNBELIEVABLE.

Archived