• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thursday Night Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

i say we finish 7-4 and go to a bowl game

i say we beat

army

uab

pitt

ecu

cinci

lose to

l'ville

memphis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

You never know who to root for at this point of the season. We were all psyched in 2002 when Ole Miss beat the Gators, but that probably ended up costing us a bowl game (Ole Miss wouldn't have qualified otherwise).

Besides, we should be TAKING bowl bids, not sitting around hoping for mediocre teams like Houston to lose so we can backdoor an forced invite at 6-5.

Frankly, I don't care how we get into a bowl, so long as we get there.  If that means rooting for all of the other competition to get eliminated, then that's what I'm rooting for.  Right now, we're in for a bunch of nailbiters the rest of the way.  I truly believe we can beat every team on our schedule, but we're also capable of losing to every one of them.  Therefore, I'm hoping for all the help we can get.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Frankly, I don't care how we get into a bowl, so long as we get there.  If that means rooting for all of the other competition to get eliminated, then that's what I'm rooting for.  Right now, we're in for a bunch of nailbiters the rest of the way.  I truly believe we can beat every team on our schedule, but we're also capable of losing to every one of them.  Therefore, I'm hoping for all the help we can get.  

USFFan

I agree....for our first bowl game I'll take it anyway I can. Hopefully it won't be on XMAS day b/c that won't work for me but any other day and I am buy 12 tickets the first day they go on sale.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Right now it looks like

Louisville, Memphis, UAB and USM WILL be Bowl eligible.

If you look at remaining schedules that 5th bowl team is between

USF,TCU and Cincy.

So its better if Houston doesnt upset USM.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I realize it's a longshot (considering our offense) but, we need South Missed to loose if we want a chance @ the conference title.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

I know they will probably need some help down the road, but JUST WIN BABY, and then hope for the best for a bowl birth.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We need to win, the rest will take care of itself.  I don't think Southern Miss will go undefeated in the conference.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

With all due respect to our USM visitors, Louisville is the team to beat in C-USA this year.  I'm sure they'll lose to Miami, and I'm sure there will be the requisite posters on here who come on and claim "Louisville wasn't that good, blah blah blah", but in reality, they'll be very competitive against a Top 5 Miami program.  

IMO, Louisville is the real deal this year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

With all due respect to our USM visitors, Louisville is the team to beat in C-USA this year.  I'm sure they'll lose to Miami, and I'm sure there will be the requisite posters on here who come on and claim "Louisville wasn't that good, blah blah blah", but in reality, they'll be very competitive against a Top 5 Miami program.  

IMO, Louisville is the real deal this year.

That is true, then again, TCU was #8 when they lost to South Missed last year, so anything can happen in a conference game.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Everyone should be cheering for Louisville to beat UM.  Departing perenial BE powerhouse Miami gets beat by incoming Louisville.  How sweet would that be.  This could be in the cards to happen.  Miami offense has been inconsistent at best and Louisville D has played better then expected.  Louisville offense is very solid and I believe can score against Miami.  We will know soon enough but it would be sweet.