• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WDAE and the Bulls:  Why are we nonexistent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  0

Aside from Whitney Johnson, a USF alum, who mentions us in the afternoon "Sports Attacks", there's hardly a mention of USF on the station.

Media credientials to WDAE go unused in the pressbox.  

What gives?  Is it because they're the Gator flagship station in Tampa?  Even if they're not our official station, you'd think we'd get a mention once in a while.

Opinions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Aside from Whitney Johnson, a USF alum, who mentions us in the afternoon "Sports Attacks", there's hardly a mention of USF on the station.

Media credientials to WDAE go unused in the pressbox.  

What gives?  Is it because they're the Gator flagship station in Tampa?  Even if they're not our official station, you'd think we'd get a mention once in a while.

Opinions?

duemig is an *****

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

duemig is an *****

I couldn't agree more.

Guest wildrover

Dumeg is a complete and total idiot, I think this is a given, but aside from that I emailed them just yesterday and asked them this very question.  They didn't respond back.  I think their programing director must be a gator or something

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I got to come to their aid a little here. On just about every sports attack this morning, Darek was pluggng the game tomorrow ............... Deumig is a dickhead, though ............ except when he's talking about Philly fans.   ;)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

duemig is an *****

The funny thing is how Duemig goes on and on about all the homers in Tampa who dont support the home town teams. We have a major college team in Tampa yet they hardly mention it, and if Duemig talks college sports, he talks the "U", just like the a-hole in the morning.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I can only think of two reasons:

1. The PD doesn't feel like USF has enough of a following to warrant spending a lot of time on them.

2. They're not 0-3 and we fans aren't screaming for any head still attached to a neck.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I can only think of two reasons:

1. The PD doesn't feel like USF has enough of a following to warrant spending a lot of time on them.

2. They're not 0-3 and we fans aren't screaming for any head still attached to a neck.

brilliant analysis

dumig is a dolt just sounds better

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf has to win

and go to a bowl and win

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106

Sadly, DAE is the Tampa Gator station. The biggest sports talk radio station in Tampa has a disincentive against promoting USF. Add to that, Sileo is a former UM player in Orlando that is broadcast in Tampa. What crap is that? There isn't even a local Tampa broadcast in the prime am hours.

USF would be best served finding its way into the DAE programming. A Christian radio station doesn't reach the largest demographic for improving our fan base and stirring up interest.

It is probably about the $ and UF will win this battle (at least for now). I still think there are things we could do on DAE despite this...

1. Coaches interviews

2. USF update

3. Advertise

4. partner with DAE for football games and other promotions

I have long thought that our ascension in the Tampa market is limited by our talk radio and local TV exposure. I have also thought that not being on Sunshine Network has limited us as well. Thankfully, that is changing. Hopefully, our marketing is getting overhauled. Can't say the Bucs/Bulls alliance is noticable, though.

BOTTOM LINE: Win and go to BCS bowls and this is no longer an issue. DAE, Sunshine, all the local media and even statewide will be approaching us for deals. Until then, we should seek them out.